Safety Administrative Asst
Company: Wanzek Construction
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Safety Administrative AsstDescriptionPOSITIONSUMMARY:Responsiblefor
providing general administrative /clerical support including tasks
ofmoderate to advanced difficulty requiring excellent clerical
skills in multipleareas of the Safety Department. Tasks may be
semi-routine and diverse andrequire moderate to advanced clerical
level decision-making, which may or maynot draw from standard
procedures. Maintaining communication with regional andfield
supervision on various safety related issues, representing the
Safety departmentand Wanzek to employees and outside customers at
all levels includingadministrators/executives and involved in
moderate to very complexinteractions/communications while
maintaining absolute confidentiality at alltimes. Works closely
with and supportsthe Drug and Alcohol Coordinator andthe
Environmental, Safety & Health Administrator.ESSENTIALJOB
FUNCTIONS:Administrative, Employee Information andReporting:
- Enterall drug and alcohol testing results
- Scanall employment documentation and log into system as
- Prepareemployee Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol
- Researchprevious employer contact information (address, phone
number, fax number, etc.)for Dept. of Transportation background
- Assistwith DOT background checks when requested.
- Runemployee Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) for Dept. of
Transportation backgroundchecks and contact the Transportation
Specialist regarding the report.
- Backup to entering new hires and promotions into the WSI and
Wanzek Learning Zonelearning management systems. Monitor
completion. Communicate with supervisors of
- Assistwith Equipment tracking for AEDS, air monitors,
Breathalyzers and other equipmentas requested.
- Entertraining rosters into the Wanzek Learning Zone or Wanzek
Training Database forclassroom training sessions and safety
training courses in the office and inthe field for jobs without a
Site Safety Coordinator.
- Organize and update Wanzekcourse listing of all safety training
- Monitor completion ofsafe driver training and verify
documentation of adequate insurance coverage tosatisfy vehicle
allowance guidelines. Communicate with Payroll and Accounting to
approve vehicle allowance.
- Enter OSHA trainingrecords, scan and distribute cards.
- Update and maintain all CPR/First Aid/AED trainers
currentcertification cardsand other certifications
- When needed backup for receptionists lunches and vacation
- Assist in the preparation ofmeetingsand
- Backup drug and alcohol collector.
- Createand update new hire safety binders and manuals.
- Tracksafety professionals with current job assignments and
- Updatenew jobs with project registration, make project updates
in SharePoint andmaintain project worksheet/job numbers, addresses,
PM, Superintendents andSafety Professionals.
- Maintaincurrent safety info in Excel and pull safety records
and stats when needed.
- Coordinateand distribute drug testing supplies to job sites and
- Order,track and ship supplies (i.e. stickers, posters, PPE,
etc.) where needed.
- Scanand file incidents and claims.
- Processinvoices, POs and P-cards
- Assist inmaintaining the ISN, PICS and other prequalification
processes as required
- Maintain acorporate filing system for the safety department,
including internal memos,cases concerning current safety issues,
third party documents, and MSHA/OSHA
documents/citationsQualificationsEDUCATIONAND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associate'sdegree (A.A.) and one years of experience or a
minimum of five years ofadministrative assistant experience in
construction or a related field, safetyexperience a plus
- CertifiedDrug and Alcohol Collector preferredKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Takereasonable care of your own and others health and safety
and of those who maybe affected by the day-to-day delivery of this
role by taking personalresponsibility for working toward Wanzeks
Zero Injury principles
- Functionalcomputer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft
Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Typeand write reports with accuracy and appropriate
- Excellentorganizational skills and able to multi-task
- Effectivelypresent information and respond to questions from
- Familiaritywith MSHA and OSHA regulations or a general safety
background is helpfulITEMS& TOOLS PROVIDED:Purchase
cardLaptopPhysicalDemands and Work Environment ALL OFFICE
- Whenvisiting jobsites the work environment involves some
exposure to hazards orphysical risks, which require following basic
- Thiswork environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual
elements, such asextreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke,
unpleasant odors and/or loudnoisesPHYSICALDEMANDS
- Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to performthe essential functionsMasTec, Inc. is an
equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not
to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the
basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, military status or any other
consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local
laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and
employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also
MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and
local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in
making hiring decisions.Primary Location ND-FargoSchedule
Full-timeReq ID: 31783
Keywords: Wanzek Construction, Fargo , Safety Administrative Asst, Administration, Clerical , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!