Lead Engineer - Water Resources
Company: Apex Engineering Group
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Position Description: Apex Engineering Group has an opening for
a Lead Engineer working in our Water Group located in our Fargo, ND
office. Primary responsibilities include managing a team of
engineers, technicians and support staff on water resource projects
from the planning phase through design and construction. A Lead
Engineer shall be capable of independently managing projects and
collaboratively contributing to the design and development of
project plans and specifications while working with and mentoring
project team members. Lead Engineers typically report to a sector
leader or principal of the firm. Additional responsibilities
include general marketing of the firm and various business
development activities. Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Environmental
- Professional Engineers License preferred or ability to be
licensed within 6-12 months required.
- 5-15 years of experience working as a Civil Engineer in the
water resources and storm water management field.
- Strong project management skills and experience is essential
for this position.
- Construction management experience is also required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a
- Must be detail orientated, self-motivated with strong
interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Flexible working style and willingness to occasionally modify
personal schedules as required to meet deadlines and/or client
- Experience in watershed modeling, storm water collection system
design, pump station design, sizing and selecting equipment,
preparing civil design drawings and preparing cost opinions is a
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D or other CADD-based
civil design software is a plus.
- A valid driver's license is required or the ability to obtain
one. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit and operate a computer under normal ergonomic
- Required to work in an outdoors environment during construction
- May require prolonged periods of standing and walking to
perform some of the typical tasks and duties associated with
construction observation and surveying.
- Required to lift objects or containers weighing 50-lbs. Typical
Tasks and Duties:
- Provide professional engineering services for clients by
providing: studies, planning, design, specifications, plans,
reports, construction observation and project management.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with clients,
supervisors and project team members on a consistent basis by
providing updates and progress during all phases of projects.
- Attend company meetings, project meetings and client meetings
on a regular basis.
- This position will be responsible to lead the preparation of
proposals and participate in interviews for securing work for the
firm. Responsibilities for business development will increase with
experience and mentoring by senior staff.
- This position will require the initiative to think
independently and make rational judgment calls.
- Provide direction and work with engineering technicians and
other team members on the development of project plans and
- Work and coordinate with other engineering departments on
complex multi-discipline projects.
- Understand and follow company employee handbook and mandated
- Perform responsibilities in a conscientious, legal and ethical
manner with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team
- Participate in professional organizations and community
- Travel and out of town stays may be required; may work overtime
especially during the construction season. Attach Resume Resume and
Cover Letter must be less than 2MB in size. Accepted file types:
.doc, .docx, .pdf
Keywords: Apex Engineering Group, Fargo , Lead Engineer - Water Resources, Engineering , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!