Director of Engineering - Drafting
Company: TrueNorth Steel
Posted on: January 12, 2019
POSITION DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Director of Engineering/Drafting FLSA STATUS: ExemptREPORTS TO: VP of Operations/ VP of SteelEJF #1SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES The Engineering/Drafting Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and reviewing, the functions and staff within the Engineering/Drafting Department. Coordinate and review the structural design of all product lines. Continually make design recommendations to improve current product and services. Ensure that all engineering/drafting projects, initiative and processes are planned, implemented and enforced. This will be obtained by bringing an open mind and the ability to collaborate with all interrelated departments, subcontractors and Clients.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Embrace and demonstrate the qualities of the TrueNorth Steel Game Changer Culture.
- Supervise, mentor, and provide technical support to Engineers, Drafters on the design of structural steel, bridge, tank and corrugated pipe projects.
- Provide technical support to Estimators, Project Managers and Sales
- Responsible for working with Structural Estimating and Sales Team during the quoting process.
- Responsible for working with Project Managers and Operations during the execution of projects.
- Responsible for Working with all departments to insure that accurate and timely drawings are produced for both internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain engineering/drafting processes to standardize across the company and 3rd party contractors.
- Provide expertise to create cost effective designs that meet the customer needs and ensure product performance.
- Responsible for the overall ECO process on the tank and CSP product lines.
- Identify cost savings and proper utilization of staff.
- Develop and monitor KPI's for the Engineering/Detailing Department.
- Identify and continually improve personnel skills through training, performance review, and department meetings to build a first class team.
- Continually improve the engineering/drafting process by automating calculations, standardizing product designs, best utilization of software platforms
- Manage and monitor 3rd party drafters to insure the accuracy and timeliness meets our needs and our customers' needs.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining yearly budget for the department.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- An excellent grasp of engineering design principles relating to steel structures.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and design standards (AISC, API)
- Ability to plan, organize, and lead multiple concurrent projects
- Strong problem-solving skills with a dynamic personality and creative approach for generating new ideas
- Ability to communicate specifications and technical knowledge, written and verbally, in a clear and effective manner at all levels
- General knowledge of 3-D computer aided Drafting software and Design Software.
- General Knowledge of Reprographic Hardware and Software
- Strong knowledge of contract documents EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Structural, Industrial, or Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of structural, Industrial or Civil Engineering experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of Management Experience
- Current Professional Engineer license(s) along with the ability and credentials to further obtain additional jurisdictions PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThe duties described above are the general nature and level of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as needed and/or required.Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason, except as may be required by law.EEO EmployerI have read and understand this position description and can meet the position requirements. Name (Please Print): _____________________________________ Signature: :
Keywords: TrueNorth Steel, Fargo , Director of Engineering - Drafting, Engineering , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!