Company: Brunswick New York Mills Operations
Location: New York Mills
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Summary:Provide leadership and supervision to a team of
supervisors, team leads, support staff and production employees in
a manufacturing setting to ensure optimal value stream performance
by utilizing manpower, facilities, equipment, materials and assets.
Apply Lean Six Sigma methodology to achieve goals and implement all
activities across departments. Recommend improvements in production
methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions
through listening, engaging employees and problem solving. Act as
the company conduit for employee communications to keep employees
abreast of news and information.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify/prioritize/provide resources to assist the Operations
Director to meet the annual operating plan and budgetary
- Apply LSS process improvement methodologies and tools to
achieve business objectives
- Provide Operational Management leadership for production
operations and mentor / develop supervisors and team leaders
- Coach and mentor assigned Green and Yellow Belts that drive
positive financial impact to the business
- Identify issues, gather input from peers and employees and
problem solve with recommendations and solutions.
- Drives safety, quality, productivity performance in visual
management format to sustain morale and achieve positive results in
production area. Works to continuously improve in all areas and
provide regular reports to Operations Director.
- Provide business leaders with support, tools and training to
conduct project and performance reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor cost reductions, such as waste, scrap, damage and
rework. Evaluate and monitor production flow to anticipate
bottlenecks and disconnects that will affect output.
- Communicate to Supervisors, Team Leads and team members,
information about departmental, facility and company events,
changes, activities, policies, news and updates
- Supervise the successful transition of new products and new
technology into the production area.
- Ensure a positive approach to employee relations for all
employees. Maintain effective lines of communication with
employees, leads and peers. Build rapport and influence others in a
- Administer all policies and procedures as established fairly
- Lead by example; coach and mentor all assigned employees.
- Support safety initiatives; policies and procedures to ensure
plant operations are safe and consistent with company and
governmental standards and help reduce accidents and injuries.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in
Operations/Engineering/Manufacturing/Business or related
- 7+ years of operational experience in multiple phases of
Manufacturing, Quality or Engineering with experiences in leading
cross functional teams.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification by a recognized source
preferred. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with demonstrated history a
- Proficiency in Lean tools, techniques and applying in
- Proven ability to drive results through leadership
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and
- Must have excellent verbal, written, listening and
communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
among all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated organizational and follow up skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and adapt to
- Computer proficiency various software, including (ie;
Microsoft, Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project).
Simulation software experience is a plus.
- Marine industry experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to high sound levels, welding processes,
moving forklifts, elevated loads, and close quarters. The
successful candidate will demonstrate a safety mindset to other
Keywords: Brunswick New York Mills Operations, Fargo , Operations Manager, Executive , New York Mills, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!