Food & Beverage Manager - Restaurant
Company: Fargo Country Club
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionFLSA Status: Exempt (Salary) - $54,000 to
$58,000Job Type: Full-time Department: Food & Beverage
AdministrationReports to: Dir. of Food & Beverage or General
ManagerFargo Country Club, in Fargo, ND is excited to announce the
exceptional career opportunity of Food & Beverage Manager with the
emphasis of managing the main restaurant but assisting with
management of club Banquet/Event functions as needed. Qualified
candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly
focused on providing superior service for members and their
guests.General Purpose:The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible
for ensuring an outstanding member dining experiences. They are
expected to provide leadership, strategic direction, and ensure
that service is focused on exceeding member and guest expectation
which align with the Club's service goals and
initiatives.Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures members and their guests are attended to in a prompt,
efficient and personalized manner. Assists with controlling the
flow of the room by ensuring proper seating in each server section
- Acts as a liaison between front-of-the-house (FOH) staff and
back-of-the-house (BOH) staff to ensure timely and appropriate
- Ensures that the restaurant and restaurant facilities are kept
clean, well-stocked and organized.
- Checks the maintenance of all equipment in the restaurant and
notifies the Restaurant Manager of needed maintenance and
- Assists with regular inventory counts of china, glassware and
silverware, food and beverage. Ensures par levels are maintained
based on facility needs.
- Assists the Director of Food & Beverage in ordering products as
- Assists the Director of Food & Beverage with bi-weekly
- Responsible for the scheduling of all FOH staff and works with
F&B Manager/Banquets in filling staffing needs for each
- Circulates throughout the restaurant facilities and kitchen
areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality
and service standards are met.
- Greets members/guests at tables to ensure complete guest
satisfaction and attention to their needs.
- Ensures established cash handling procedures are utilized to
accurately charge members.
- Creates revenue forecasts and reports. Monitors restaurant
budget and takes action to minimize expenses. Reports on financial
performance, inventory, and personnel.
- Ensures all side work is completed, including all cleaning of
equipment and storage areas.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings to review specials, menu changes,
house counts, etc.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning,
assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding,
and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited
to: Food and Beverage Supervisors, Lead Server/Captain, Server,
Greeter, & Bartender.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to
each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs and tests
- Assists with daily activities to include: serving tables,
bussing tables, seating members/guests, and general service
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in
areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Adheres to and enforces employee compliance with health,
safety, and sanitation standards.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Will assist with managing banquet and events.
- Performs other duties as required.Schedule:
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Must be able to work Day and Night shiftsMinimum
Requirements:Associate's degree (AA); or six months to one year
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.Preferred Requirements:
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality or Business Administration, or
a related field
- Previous Managerial Experience
- Experience in restaurant point-of-sale (POS) systems (e.g.
ALOHA & JONAS) and on-line Reservation Systems, Inventory Controls,
Scheduling/Labor Management, Financial Forecasting
- Experience in Purchasing, inventory management, sanitation,
security, company policies and procedures, personnel management,
recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.Physical Demands:
- Frequently stands, walks, talks and listens. Regularly uses
hands, reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally sits, climbs,
balances, stoops, kneels, crawls, crouches, taste or smells.
Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50
- Occasionally works in extreme heat, wet or humid conditions
(non-weather). Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions.
Noise level is moderate.Certificates/Licenses:ServSafe Certified
Food Manager (Food & Alcohol) or TIPS equivalent.Job Knowledge,
Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to
perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required
to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the
manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in
- Must meet state age requirements for handling alcoholic
- Working knowledge of wine, spirits and regional cuisines
- Demonstrates Leadership ability including skills to communicate
and express ideas and directives clearly to associates
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
to ensure a quick response to client needs.
- High level of active listening skills and strong client service
skills which includes the ability to resolve issues/complaints with
tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Ability to create high performance teams and to be a strong
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to company values
- Organizational development abilities with a strong focus on
individual and team advancement
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to maintain effective financial accountability to the
company and to the ownership
- Complete and comprehensive understanding of the physical
infrastructure, food and beverage controls and financial back
office systems of a hospitality/food service environment
- Working knowledge of food and beverage service equipment and
- Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the
organization to Troon employees, clients and vendors*This job
description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job
functions that an associate in this position may be asked to
perform from time to time.
Keywords: Fargo Country Club, Fargo , Food & Beverage Manager - Restaurant, Executive , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!