Safety Manager- Sysco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
US0195 Sysco North Dakota, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
This Operating Company (OpCo) based position will lead the
implementation of prevention-focused health, safety and
environmental (HSE) and security program. The position will
establish, execute and deliver OpCo-specific strategy that supports
Sysco's overall HSE objectives, including security and crisis
- In cooperation with Operational management, develop health,
safety and environmental (HSE) strategy in support of Corporate HSE
and Security strategic goals.
- Develop effective HSE plans designed to meet operational goals
to reduce injuries, accidents, and incidents.
- Effectively communicate HSE strategy and objectives with Senior
- Support site management in the implementation of HSE
- Design and implement effective metrics to track progress,
proactively identify areas of concern and drive
- Develop and implement training programs to transfer HSE
knowledge and core competencies to management and associates.
- Establish and achieve audits to track and identify gaps in the
local compliance with Sysco's (HSE) policies and procedures.
- Support creation of health, safety and environmental (HSE)
goals for the site management and appropriate activity-based goals
for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line
supervisors to drive HSE culture, compliance and results.
- Head a company-wide system to identify and evaluate hazards
(risks), and implement effective controls (corrective
- Lead incident investigation process, including cause analysis
and identification of corrective action plans.
- Provide supervisor and management training on root cause
- Interface with regulatory bodies (OSHA, DOT, EPA, and
- Facilitate the completion of a company-wide annual HSE training
- Develop effective interdepartmental relationships.
- Assist facilities management team in ensuring required
regulatory permits are acquired, required reports are submitted to
regulatory agencies and any site permit conditions (e.g.
recordkeeping, process safety management (PSM), stormwater, special
waste, etc.) are met.
- Achieve annual targets for incident frequency, severity and
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a
- Create and facilitate health, safety, and environmental (HSE)
engagement through HSE teams and committees needed to accomplish
the established targets and annual objectives.
- Drive and promote zero-incident HSE culture throughout the
- Support execution of Sysco's Emergency Preparedness Plan
procedures and policies.
- Monitor, interpret and communicate regulatory changes to
Operating Company (OpCo) management.
- Assist with the development and presentation of Corporate and
site-specific training programs as needed.
- Implement early return to work programs.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development,
discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies
- Maintains associate relations through regular department
- Maintains on-going interaction and open communication with
associates, monitors associate morale, and responds to and
implements ideas to improve associate engagement and
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years hands-on environmental and safety experience in a
warehousing, manufacturing or transportation operation.
- Considerable experience with occupational safety,
transportation safety, and environmental compliance preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Has attained or is working toward certification in safety
- Other pertinent safety certifications or designations are
desirable as well.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and provide proof of
liability coverage meeting company standards.
- Strong background in safety with a proven record of
- Ability to drive a strong safety philosophy and implement
constructive behavior changes in transportation safety.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Solid employee relations and interpersonal communication
- Interact effectively with all levels of management,
supervision, and employees.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication, written
communication, and presentation skills.
- Leadership and team-building skills, and able to influence
- Demonstrated knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing
software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and
- Effectively using time and resources to accomplish overall
initiatives and program goals.
- Able to analyze and independently solve a variety of difficult
situations and problems.
- Successfully demonstrate all Leadership Framework
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to
talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- This position will be performed at the assigned operating
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates. Associated topics: clinical,
environment, gauge, inspector, nursing, risk, safe, treatment,
Keywords: SYSCO, Fargo , Safety Manager- Sysco, Executive , Dilworth, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!