Company: First Group
Posted on: January 25, 2023
About the Position
Join the First family as a Safety Manager at our Fargo (Matbus)
location. This position manages and is ultimately responsible for
the overall safety program at the location. The Safety Manager
ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and
Major responsibilities are listed below.
- Administers driver hiring and compliance process (e.g.,
interviewing and driver selection; collecting applications;
criminal background checks; credit reports; drug/alcohol testing;
fingerprint checks; DOT physicals; TB Skin tests; motor vehicle
records checks; I-9 forms).
- Provides direction and guidance to location trainers. Develops
and monitors contents of classroom training to ensure compliance.
Teaches classes as required. Schedules and conducts re-cert and
- Investigates incidents, accidents, and work-related injuries,
including accident investigation, accident reports, accident files,
and accident register, and follows up with the claims office and
adjusters as necessary.
- Typically determines fault or preventability based on the facts
identified at the scene.
- Provides post-accident counseling with drivers. Retrains
drivers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits accident-related compliance forms,
maintains files, and enters in DMO, or otherwise submits data to
appropriate person or organization.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts monthly safety meetings based on
region and company safety and safety training goals and objectives.
Assists and participates in Safety
- Action Team meetings. Sets up regular accident review
committees to determine the preventability of accidents. Responds
to appeals from drivers.
- Provides assistance and training to drivers and attendants on
passenger management and other safety-related issues.
performs driver road checks of driver performance (e.g., pre-trip
checks-lot-to-school and back; post-trip checks).
- Provides various reports and analyzes, including safety trends.
Develops cost-saving recommendations. Performs other duties and
projects as assigned.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on
role, location, and business), including:
- Physical and mental health initiatives,
- Paid holiday/vacation.
- High School Diploma is required. Further education is
- CDL is required with both P and A endorsements
- 2 to 3 years of transportation, safety, or related
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding
safety and environmental issues
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Good verbal, written, and relational communication skills, with
the ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels,
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials, and the general public
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel within service area as
- First for a Reason
Diversity & Inclusion
- Because we re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture
where all people are First.
- We re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working
environment for everyone every day.
- Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which
means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong
presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring
Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
- Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and
security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
Community Service & Impact
- Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the
heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First
Vehicle Services in your community, you ll have a positive impact
Who are we?
First Transit seeks a public transit leader in Fargo, North Dakota.
First Transit is a proud, long-time partner to MATBUS, serving the
Fargo/Moorhead area for over 25 years. Matbus provides both fixed
route and paratransit operations. Candidates should have hands-on
experience in both transit location management and transit
operations with direct experience in computerized transit
The Fargo/Moorhead area is one of the fastest-growing areas in the
upper Midwest. As the largest city in North Dakota, Fargo is a
cultural center and is home to North Dakota State University and a
regional medical hub. With proximity to both North Dakota prairies
and the Minnesota lakes region, there are a wide variety of
recreational opportunities available in proximity to
Fargo/Moorhead, adding to the overall quality of life in the
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation
contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have
supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around
expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today,
we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million
passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states,
Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Group, Fargo , SAFETY MANAGER, Executive , Mayville, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!