Technical Sales and Applications Development Manager
Company: Red River Commodities
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Red River Commodities, Inc. is seeking a Technical Sales and
Applications Development Manager with a background in food science
or relatable experience. This position will work within the Food
Ingredients Group focusing mainly on b2b application development
assistance and technical sales of food ingredients.Summary:
- Work to develop new business within the Ingredients Group of
RRC (75% of role)
- Support the Ingredients Sales Team with technical
communications to secure business for the growth of the group)(25%
of primary role)
- Lead projects as qualified for new application development
using existing and potentially new ingredients in the Ingredients
group of RRC.
- Assit periodically with technical questions or application
development projects in collaboration with other groups within RRC
including custom roasting and wildlife products.
- Responsible for developing new accounts and strengthening
existing customer relationships to grow industrial ingredient b2b
sales for Suntein, SunButter Paste, Sunflower, Flax, Millet, and
other specialty ingredients.
- Region: National Sales / International Applications Development
& Technical Assistance
- This position will require calling on Purchasing, R&D and
possibly marketing departments within the food industry. Sales:
- Responsible for the acquisition and development of national
- Creation and implementation of a sales plan to deliver upon
- Utilize a CRM/ERP program to manage business
- Consistently generate leads via prospecting, networking, and
- Provide reports on prospect activity, sampling updates, leads,
- Develop a comprehensive account strategy for expanding market
share of customer wallet
- Business planning, strategic account growth, budgeting,
relationship development, quarterly business reviews, along with
- Attend trade shows and technical conferences to build
- Understand customer's business and utilize knowledge and
resources to provide solutions
- Address and support customer challenges, opportunities and
- Own all aspects of the customer relationship, acting as the
primary point of contact, and manage customer's needs, including
samples, price quotations, order management, and customer
- Report customer feedback to help guide future product/service
- Report timely and accurate revenue and profitability
- Help develop technical sales, marketing, quality materials
- Other duties as assignedApplications Development:
- Work closely with Director of Ingredients and Sales Team to
qualify viable applications for testing or product concepts.
- Coordinate with partner labs and consultants for application
development or product concept samples/trials.
- Collaborate with other groups such as custom roasting,
SunButter Retail & Food Services, and Wildlife to find new
- Assist with technical documents, education, and training of
sales staff on features, benefits, functionalities to grow sales
- Minimum 5 years sales experience with specialty value added
food ingredients experience preferred.
- A strong background in food science or similar technical degree
and experience interfacing with R&D is preferred.
- Bakery, confectionery, proteins experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills; good verbal and written
- Must be self-confident, goal oriented, highly motivated for
development of self and company
- Must demonstrate strong decision making and problem solving
- Must be a self starter and highly Independent to generate new
sales revenue and profitability.
- Effectively handle client bids and negotiations
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong organizational skills
- Other required skills include forecasting, team building, time
management, presentation, product knowledge and negotiation
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree preferred in food science, nutrition, or
related field or equivalent work experience.Location: Lubbock, TX,
Colby, KS, or Fargo, ND or Remote Travel: Some overnight business
travel required for Trade shows, Customer visits, Facility visits.
Red River Commodities and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity
employer offering a competitive benefit package including Paid Time
Off, medical insurance, dental insurance, 401K and more.
Keywords: Red River Commodities, Fargo , Technical Sales and Applications Development Manager, Executive , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...