VP of Finance
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield Of North Dakota
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Requisition Number 19-0004 Post Date 11/19/2018 Title VP of Finance City Fargo State ND Description Job Summary The VP of Finance is responsible for strategic leadership and direction for the Finance function at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) and Noridian Mutual Insurance Company (NMIC). This role oversees the overall finance plan, budgeting, tax reporting and accounting practices for the organization. Essential Functions
- Directs, leads and oversees staff in accomplishing work objectives within the unit(s). Coaches, motivates, rewards and recognizes the team. Sets clear goals, objectives and performance expectations and holds employees accountable for achieving results.
- Ensures timely preparation and reporting of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and reports for regulatory agencies.
- Interacts with North Dakota Insurance Department and other regulators as needed to ensure understanding of financials.
- Coordinates with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association as appropriate.
- Maintain professional, technical knowledge and industry knowledge through continuing education, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Coordinates with NHS, CoreLink, BCBS of Wyoming and other business partners as appropriate.
- Ensures leadership and the organization understand Health Risk Based Capital position and provides leadership analysis impact to RBC of strategies and decisions.
- Oversees and participates in strategic budget planning for the organization. Directs the annual budgeting function to prepare operating and capital budgets to implement the strategic plans.
- Ensures a system of strong internal controls to safeguard company assets. Enforces accounting standards and regulations and implements accounting policies for new initiatives and transactions.
- Provides strategic oversight and direction on cash management functions and investment accounting activities for the enterprise.
- Maintains understanding of the tax laws impacting the organization and works with internal and external resources to develop a tax strategy for the organization.
- Coordinates materials and presents to the Finance and Investment Committee of the Board of Directors. Requirements Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills Advanced Analytical Thinking Advanced Relationship Management Advanced Communication (Verbal/Written) Advanced Advisory Skills in Internal Operations Advanced Business Acumen Advanced Education Requirements Required: Bachelor's Preferred: Master's Field(s) of Study: Accounting, Finance, Business or related field. Experience Requirements Required: Minimum of 10 Years Preferred: Minimum of 10 Years Experience Details: Minimum of 10 years of professional level experience performing in a finance or accounting capacity, of which at least 7 years of supervisory/staff leadership experience is required; thorough knowledge of GAAP, CAS and NAIC accounting principles and payroll/tax laws is required; demonstrated financial analysis, budget analysis, and corporate investment skills are required. Certification, Licensures & Registration Requirements Title: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required State or Agency: State Board of Accountancy Active licensure will need to be verified prior to hire or transfer into this position, and incumbent's license will need to remain active and in good standing while employed in the role. Equivalent combination of education, experience or training determined to be acceptable by Human Resources may be substituted, unless regulated by contract or program standards Other Information Job Posting Policy 6.05 New employees with Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota will be eligible to apply for positions within their assigned department after successfully completing a 90-day review. For positions outside your department, you must attain a minimum of six months of service before you can apply. Equal Opportunity Employment Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individual with Disabilities, as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity. For questions, please email This job posting will be closed 1/31/2019 at 8am CST. No further applications will be considered. Apply Online Send This Job to a Friend BCBSND.COM - PRIVACY AND LEGAL -- BCBS ND
Keywords: Blue Cross Blue Shield Of North Dakota, Fargo , VP of Finance, Executive , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!