Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: FAR Government, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
FAR Government, Inc. (FARGOV) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is
a premier, poor woman-owned Small Business that provides federal
professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced
information technology, cyber security, management systems support,
as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers
of technology solutions to the United States government. Our
mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information
technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve,
and protect the American people.
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Based at: White Earth Health Center, Ogema, MN.
Job Summary: FAR Government, Inc. is currently seeking a Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) to work Full Time within the Bemidji Area
Indian Health Service, at White Earth Health Center in Ogema,
Minnesota and its satellite offices in Pine Point and Naytahwaush.
The LPN shall provide emergency and routine general medical
services for eligible patients (children, adults and elderly). The
LPN will work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or
- Successful completion of LPN license program within the United
- Hold and maintain BLS.
- The employee must have at least three (3) years of experience
working with health care facilities in developing revenue
- Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work
in a multidisciplinary team
- Familiarity with hospital health, safety and sanitation
standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best
- Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology
- Good knowledge of MS Office and data entry
- Perfect physical condition and stamina
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and able to handle stress.
Duties: The LPN shall:
- Planning and managing patient care according to each patient's
- Interviewing patients and recording their medical history
- Obtaining patient vital signs and escorting patients to their
- Administering injections of medications
- Verifying that patient charts are updated promptly and
- Observing and recording patients' conditions and reactions to
medications and treatments
- Taking and recording measurements of blood pressure,
temperature, heart rate etc.
- Observing patients under treatment to identify progress,
side-effects of medications etc.
- Monitor patients' condition including fluid intake and output
and compose patient charts
- Assist ailing patients in daily necessary activities such as
eating, bathing etc.
- Administer injections, prescribed medications, enemas etc.,
clean and dress wounds and assist with other basic medical care
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
- Communicate with patients' family or friends to provide advice,
comfort and release instructions
- Receives assignments daily from the supervisor or lead
- Communicates appropriate information to members of the health
care team verbally and in writing in a professional and timely
manner via written care plans, nursing services reports, patient
records, assignment sheets and participating in physician rounds,
patient care conferences and staff meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of health care Information from the
- Participates in patient care conferences with other staff in a
tactful, courteous and professional manner.
Why FAR Government?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving
our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions
for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our
nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence
communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our
soldiers, vets, and their families.
FAR Government is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all
qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: FAR Government, Inc., Fargo , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Ogema, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!