Certified Medical Assistant and Medical Scribe #31
Company: Alomere Health
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Title: CMA and Medical Scribe
Department: Dermatology Employment Status: Part Time, 32 hours per
- Four days a week
- Daytime hours
- No weekends or holidays required Job DescriptionThe Certified
Medical Assistant (CMA)supports Physician/Provider in provision of
individualized patient care, direct and indirect in an outpatient
clinical setting. They participate in the planning, implementation,
and evaluation of nursing care services, based on the objectives,
standards, and policies. Ability to handle a diverse range of
situations and responsibilities is the primary duty of a CMA.
Responsible for rendering care in assigned area in terms of
individualized patient needs, according to conformance with
recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established
standards based on the scope of practice, under the
direction/delegation of a Physician/Provider. Including CMA
responsibilities this position will provide Medical Scribe
services. The Medical Scribe is responsible for ensuring an
accurate and complete medical record for each patient. The Medical
Scribe assists the healthcare provider by accompanying them during
the medical history-taking and exam, recording details of both into
the patient's medical record.Nursing Service Delivery
- Basic rooming of patient.
- Knowledge of preparing patient and room for procedures, and
- Meets, maintains and follows Meaningful Use, PQRS, MN community
Measures requirements, and other quality initiatives.
- Adequate knowledge of provider practice type.
- Ensure efficient and accurate patient care coordination.
- Performs all tasks per physician/provider order within scope of
practice or specialty training.
- Works in accordance of primary providers clinic schedule.
- Prior authorization of medications. Alexandria Clinic Specific
- Injections and Immunizations.
- Assist in emergent situations with knowledge and skill of crash
cart and defibrillator.
- Knowledge of instruments used for procedures.
- Submits appropriate charges for services rendered.
- Effective and timely communication with patients, families and
those involved in the patients' care.
- Facilitates communication in regards to patient care between
patient and provider and works to be a patient advocate at all
- Complete and thorough documentation of all patient interactions
in the electronic medical record. Specialty Practice
- Employees working in specialty areas will be required to
perform procedures specific to that specialty. EMR Documentation &
- Accurate and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures,
including but not limited to: Patient Medical history and physical
exams, procedures, treatments, diagnoses, prescriptions and
instructions for patient or family members for self-care and
- Identify discrepancies or inconsistencies in medical
documentation and check to correct the information in order to
- All addenda must be signed off by a healthcare
- Ensure that clinical data, lab and/or other test results,
including the interpretation of the results by the healthcare
professional are recorded accurately in the medical record
- Alert healthcare professional when chart is incomplete
- Proofread and edit all the healthcare professional's medical
documents for accuracy, spelling, punctuation, and
- Comply with specific standards that apply to the style of
medical records and to the legal and ethical requirements for
preparing medical documents and keeping patient information
- Collect, organize, and catalog data for preparing professional
- Assist in developing and maintaining systems to track patient
follow up and compliance
- Attend trainings on diverse subjects such as information
technology, legal and regulatory compliance, billing and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Participates in departmental or organizational meetings and
- Demonstrates ability to use equipment relevant to the position.
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position has no direct supervisory
responsibilities. Education, Experience & Skills Required
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant program.
- Prior experience in a clinical health care setting
- Knowledgeable of medical terminology, procedures and
- Friendly, customer service oriented with professional demeanor
- Proficient at MS Office. Epic EMR experience preferred.
- Ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge into processes and
- Strong computer and typing skills, medical terminology, and
- Ability to type words and numbers quickly and accurately
- Ability to be discreet, tactful, and unobtrusive in performance
of duties so as not to distract medical team from patient care
License, Registration and/or Certification
- Current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required. Benefit StatusFull Time
Keywords: Alomere Health, Fargo , Certified Medical Assistant and Medical Scribe #31, Healthcare , Alexandria, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!