Company: Community Health Service Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Here at Community Health Service, Inc (CHSI), our mission is to
provide high quality health care to the overlooked and underserved.
Sound rewarding? You bet it is! If you are looking for more than
just a "job" and want to invest your time making an impact on the
lives of others, this is your chance to join our CHSI team!WHAT DO
WE DO?CHSI is a private, non-profit organization established in
1973 to serve the health needs of migrant & seasonal farm workers
and their family members. Today, CHSI has expanded services and
provides mental & physical healthcare to all individuals in our
communities. Our services are provided on a more affordable sliding
fee scale to those who are under-insured or un-insured. We also
accept ND and MN Medicaid, Medicare, and most private insurance
plans. We currently operate four nurse-managed clinics, two mobile
medical units, and two victim advocacy program centers in Minnesota
& North Dakota. WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?We are on the search for a
full-time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Rochester, MN team. In
a Registered Nurse (RN) role at CHSI, you would assess patient
health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care
plans, maintain medical records, and administer nursing care to
patients. This role will be responsible for:
- Advising patients on health maintenance & disease prevention, &
providing case management.
- Implementing and maintaining our Health Center activities.
- Instituting health education, outreach, and follow-up services
- Providing referrals for specialized medical and/or dental
- Acting as liaison between patients and provider community to
ensure services are adequate.
- Establishing an awareness of medical and dental needs and
problems of underserved populations.
- Maintaining problem-oriented medical records of patients and
- Communicating with provider regarding patient's needs, the
nursing assessments, and recommendations as needed.
- Collaborating with other nurses and health team members to
ensure the patient's well-being.ARE YOU A GOOD FIT?In addition to
being a wonderful team member and advocate to patients, we are
seeking an individual with the below qualifications: PHYSICAL
- Ability to bend and crouch occasionally, sit continuously, and
stand or walk frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use hands/arms, feet/legs for repetitive fine to
large motor skill movements.EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in nursing from an accredited
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Ability to adapt to flexible schedule, including infrequent
evening hours and travel.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation,
and auto insurance.
- Experience with Centricity or other EMRs (Electronic Medical
Records) a plus.
- Public Health Nurse Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of socio-economic and health
problems of underserved populations is advantageous.WORK VALUES
- Cooperation: pleasant with others on the job and displaying a
good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Attention to Detail: being careful about detail and thorough in
completing work tasks.
- Integrity: being honest and ethical.
- Dependability: reliable, responsible, and dependable, and
- Self-Control: maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check,
and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult
situations.WHAT ARE THE PERKS, YOU ASK?CHSI promotes a healthy
work/life balance for employees through a generous time off
program. Those eligible are offered:
- Snow Days: If the local public schools are closed/delayed due
to storms, our CHSI employees in that area will have the day
off/get to sleep in.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Starts at 14 days per year and jumps to 19
days by year two!
- Personal Days Off (PDO): In addition to PTO, we offer 4 paid
personal days each year.
- Paid Holidays: CHSI offers 8.5 days of holiday pay. CHSI also
provides retirement, medical, and insurance plans to employees.
Those eligible may enroll in:
- 401K Retirement Plan, with a 4% company match!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- HSA Health Savings Account and/or Flexible Spending
- Life & Disability Insurance (Short Term Disability premiums
paid by CHSI)
- Pet Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Benefits Loan Reimbursement Options: Our
employees who work in clinical positions may be eligible for loan
reimbursement of up to $145,000 through the National Health Service
Corps! Visit www.nhsc.hrsa.gov for more information.READY TO MAKE A
DIFFERENCE?If this role is a great fit for your skills &
personality, please complete our quick online application on the
right side of the page. PLEASE NOTE:CHSI is an EEO/Affirmative
Action/Veteran friendly employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of age, gender expression/identity, genetic information,
marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
CHSI facilities are deemed under the Federal Tort Claims Act
Keywords: Community Health Service Inc., Fargo , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Moorhead, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!