Clinical Psychologist - Integrated Primary Care
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Couple and Family opening in Fargo, North Dakota. This and other psychologist jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Clinical Psychologist - Integrated Primary Care job in Grand Forks, North Dakota. The job is a civilian position is within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued!Monday-Friday daysHolidays offNo on-call/call-backPTO - fantastic accrual ratePaid Holidays Competitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans) Clinical Psychologist - Integrated Primary Care Job Overview:
- Function in a patient-centered medical home (PCMH) location provider as an internal behavioral health consultant (IBHC) and/or Behavioral Health Care Facilitator (BHCF)Internal Behavioral Health Consultant in the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). The type of work may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides brief (typically no more than four appointments) cognitive/behavioral interventions in primary care under the Air Force consultation model (i.e., per the Air Force Behavioral Health Optimization Program Practice Manual). Services will mimic the pace of primary care (i.e., patients seen for 15- to 30-minute appointments).
- May provide classes in format appropriate for primary care (e.g., stress management class, sleep enhancement class, chronic pain class).
- Works independently in the absence of direct oversight and adheres to Air Force values.
- Must be skillful and tactful in communicating with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous.
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/care givers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous way.
- Successfully consults with PCMs on-demand about general issues and specific patients.
- Ensures PCMs receive same-day verbal and/or written feedback on patients referred.
- Delivers brief presentations/trainings to primary care team members regarding behavioral health issues and IBHC services.
- Participates in team efforts to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise clinical pathway programs needed in the clinic.
- Provide concise documentation of care and recommendations in the patient's electronic medical record within the allowable timeframe defined by the MTF standard after the patient is seen.
- Effectively manage a full daily patient load, as defined by the Mental Health Business Practice Standards and BHOP Manual of completing approximately 8-14 patient encounters per day
- Duties may include supervision of providers who are in training or not fully licensed.
- Duties may include participating in Air Force-approved research projects relating to Primary Care Behavioral Health.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, and military commanders as required.
- Participates in military-specific training (e.g., use of the Air Force Guide for Suicide Risk Assessment, Management, and Treatment, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress, etc).
- Attends and participates in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: quality improvement meetings, professional staff meetings, commander's staff meetings, primary care staff meetings, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by supervisor. Care Facilitator (CF) in a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). The type of work may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- IBHCs who are assigned to MTFs that have between 3,000 and 7,500 adult enrollees in the Family Health Clinic will provide both IBHC and CF services per the BHOP Manual.
- Contact referred patients to assess medication treatment adherence for depression, anxiety, and PTSD disorders.
- Use validated brief symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity.
- Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solve solutions to barriers.
- Provide patients with education regarding their behavioral health condition and treatment regimen.
- Maintain patient information in a patient registry.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician.
- Performs case management functions.
- Attends and participates in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: quality improvement meeting, professional staff meetings, commander's staff meetings, primary care staff meetings, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by supervisor. Clinical Psychologist - Integrated Primary Care Job Qualifications:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD)
- Graduate from an APA accredited college or university in clinical or counseling psychology
- Internship/Residency: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the APA
- Minimum 1 year as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- One year experience in the last three years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problems.
- At least 12 months of direct hands-on experience in the last 24 months with computer operations, basic word processing, data entry, and use of an automated medical record system.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any U.S. jurisdiction.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association (AHA) Position contingent on contract award with an anticipated late Spring start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Fargo , Clinical Psychologist - Integrated Primary Care, Healthcare , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!