Company: GUARDIAN ENERGY MANAGEMENT LLC
Posted on: March 17, 2023
POSITION PURPOSE To manage corn origination, contract
administration and related functions in order to maximize business
performance. Responsible for procuring corn at economically
acceptable values. Sound administration of local corn risk position
to reduce risk and enhance plant profitability. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
AND BASIC DUTIES
- Learn or understand concepts of buying, merchandising, and
hedging commodities such that he/she can assist in grain
merchandising and serve as a backup for the Commodity Manager.
- Develop and maintain relationships with area producers and
commercial entities with a strong emphasis on direct farmer
business. Conduct producer visits to increase farmer origination
- Report purchases as directed by supervisor to ensure
appropriate hedging strategies are followed as outlined in the Risk
- Review hedging transactions for correctness.
- Understand and communicate several contract options to area
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize based on customer
needs and seasonality.
- Create and ensure purchase contracts are signed and
- Continue to develop and update producer and commercial
- Understand, monitor and report grain movement in the area for
better market insight throughout the Company.
- Ensure contracts and deliveries are executed timely
- Ability to back up scale functions
- Use software to generate reports as directed by the Commodity
- Maintain excellent communication with the team including,
administrative, grains and production staff. QUALIFICATIONS
Education/Certification: Degree/Associates Degree in Ag Related
field or equivalent experience Required Knowledge & Experience:
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge of
general office equipment required. Experience with grain accounting
software an asset. Skills/Abilities: Excellent written and verbal
communication skills. S trong basic math and analytical skills.
Ability to maintain good relationships with internal and external
customers, use tact and diplomacy and possess a customer service
focus. Comfortable problem-solving skills, negotiating terms,
resolving disputes and overcoming obstacles. Able to manage
multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy. Conduct's actions
with professionalism and integrity. Strong organizational skills
are crucial. PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Time will be spent in a temperature-controlled office-based
environment. Some local travel required or as needed. Must have
valid Driver's License. For more detail please review the ADA
questionnaire on file in Human Resources.
Keywords: GUARDIAN ENERGY MANAGEMENT LLC, Fargo , Associate Merchandiser, Hospitality & Tourism , Hankinson, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...