Company: FARGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Posted on: January 14, 2020
Substitute Teachers JobID: 1758 --
- Position Type:
---- Substitute Teaching Staff/ Substitute Teacher
- Date Posted:
---- District Office Absence Management
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Position Summary: Performs regular teacher's class plan while the
teacher is absent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues,
supervisors, and students.
- Assumes the responsibilities for instructing classes, general
supervision, cleaning/tidying of the classroom and other
responsibilities performed by that teacher during the day when a
teacher is absent.
- Prepares lesson plans with assistance, as directed by an
administrator, when lesson plans are not available in the
- Maintains appropriate records including checking test papers,
recording grades, student assignments for homework, projects and
the necessary clerical work required to maintain student records
for a teacher who is absent; communicates in writing a summary of
the day including any work not completed for the teacher to review
upon their return.
- Manages student behavior consistent with the philosophy of the
building administrative team.
- Provides for individualized and small group assistance for
students as indicate by lesson plans.
- Participate in all mandatory training or training appropriate
to the position as required by the district.
- A minimum of 48 semester hours of college course work;
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Valid North Dakota Interim Substitute license required; North
Dakota Teaching license preferred.
- $112.00 per day prorated for percentage of school day.
- Bonuses available after each 12 days worked. Contact HR for
- Long-term Assignments: after 20 consecutive working days of
substituting for one teacher, the substitute, beginning with the
21st day, will be paid on the regular salary schedule.
Select--benefits also apply. Contact HR for details.
For more information on how to apply for a ND Interim Substitute
license, visit North Dakota Educational Standards and Practices
Board at the website below.
-- To Apply: Log on to www.applitrack.com/fargo/onlineapp to view
current vacancies and complete our online application. For more
information or questions please call (see application details) or
email at (see application details) .
External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran's Preference. North
Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of
eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a
DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of
The Fargo Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
who fully and actively supports equal access for all people
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,
veteran status, disability, genetic information, marital status,
public assistance status, sexual orientation, gender
expression/identity, or participation in lawful activity off the
employer's premises during non-working hours which is not in direct
conflict with the essential business-related interests of the
employer in its education/activities and employment practices. The
Fargo Public Schools seek to provide access to all its programs for
those interested persons who might have differing levels of
ability. This includes those with impaired vision and hearing
Keywords: FARGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Fargo , Substitute Teachers, Other , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!