Physical Therapist, Per Visit
Company: Adara Home Health
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Adara Home Health makes a difference by providing excellent care
and connecting with clients and their family members in a
meaningful way, and by bringing a feeling of relief home. It's not
just the care we provide, but it's the way we do it-with utmost
respect and consideration. We work with our employees to mentor,
develop, and constantly improve the client and employee experience.
You will have the opportunity to gain experience in many different
areas and grow professionally with Adara.
Adara Home Health is HIRING PHYSICAL THERAPIST for Per
Visit/Casual positions in the Alexandria, MN and surrounding
Primary Position Duties:
- Administers physical therapy evaluations. Participates in the
development of the Plan of Care.
- Provides physical therapy treatments, procedures, evaluations
and diagnostic tests for clients under the direction of their
physician for whom therapy has been medically prescribed.
- Translates all exercises into functional activities or
activities of daily living.
- Provides instructions in the use and care of assistive
Develops needed plans for modifying equipment, appliances and
the physical surroundings in client's homes.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes. Reports to physician and
the General Manager the client's response to treatment or change in
Maintains appropriate records including frequency of visits and
- Instructs and supervises PTAs, HHAs, LPNs and RNs in therapy
program when appropriate.
- Provides inservice education programs for company staff as
- Participates in Case Conferences as indicated.
- Provides families with information, support and encouragement
to help motivate clients in their progress. Instructs client's
family on home physical therapy program.
- Assists individuals and families to accept and adjust
positively to physical, mental and social limitations.
Participates in the development of community resources to meet
the needs of clients.
- Maintains positive and effective communication with all staff
and others. Understands and participates in team concept.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of all information
pertaining to clients, families and employees.
- Maintains a safe client environment and identifies and reports
to the office any suspected vulnerable client abuse, neglect, or
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
by the Branch Office.
Education or Skills:
- Heavy to Very Heavy. Involves lifting clients, bending,
stooping, stretching, and setting up equipment. Must be adaptable
to a variety of environments and community settings. Must be able
to drive or use public transportation in all types of weather.
- Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, in
excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and in excess of 20 pounds
of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements
are in excess of those for heavy work.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program; currently
licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of Minnesota. The
license must not have been revoked, suspended, and without
limitations or restrictions.
- Have at least two (2) years experience in a health care setting
or equivalent experience. Home care experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication and teaching skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation in
order to travel to multiple company business stops a day.
- A valid driver's license and proof of car insurance when using
a personal vehicle for company business.
- Proof of negative mantoux or documentation of negative chest
- Current CPR certification is highly recommended.
- Have U.S. Citizenship or evidence of valid Alien Work
- Discloses any conviction and criminal history records
pertaining to any crime related to the provision of health
services. A candidate who has been convicted of such crimes will
not be hired.
- Pass initial and ongoing background studies and screenings
including but not limited to those of the Minnesota Department of
Health and the Federal Office of the Inspector General's List of
Excluded Individuals and Entities.
Homecare Physical Therapist
Keywords: Adara Home Health, Fargo , Physical Therapist, Per Visit, Other , Alexandria, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!