Rail Field Service Mechanic-Regional Minnesota- LTI
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Title: Ballast
Field Service Mechanic, Field Services
Services - LTI
Reports to: Assistant
Manager, Field Services FM
Find a career on track! The Ballast Field Service Mechanic
position is responsible for maintaining the ballast/track rock
dumping system of the cars to meet service level requirements based
on contractual obligations . These systems can require functional
welds, occasional hydraulic hose and component replacements and
other mid-level standard maintenance. The Field Service Mechanic
supports aggregate/ballast delivery equipment within a
central region of the US. This position is regionally field based
in Central Minnesota. Rotation schedule with 6 weeks off scheduled
around service schedules. This is a highly autonomous position with
this individual managing schedules and service calls. Position is
salaried, with additional daily compensation along with monthly
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Leadership and Talent Development
- Assist the training of new employees in company policies,
machine operations, maintenance practices, safety procedures and
unique customer requirements.
Safety and Operational Excellence
- Primary responsibility is to perform preventative maintenance
on the dump system. Dump system will include doors and all
associated parts, hydraulic system including pumps and all electric
control components, ballast car covers (tarp system)
- This requires trains and or cars to be located on a track that
is accessible with the work trucks. The track should be in a
location that provides 25’ centers to allow work on both sides of
the cars, or have adjacent tracks secured.
- Respond to emergency repairs in a timely fashion
- Utilize tools and equipment to perform repairs as needed
- Maintain an inventory of regularly used parts
- Expedite the parts as needed to make “non-typical” repairs
- Technicians are assigned a set of remotes. They are accountable
for the remote’s operation and safe keeping
- Provide verbal explanation of how the proper operation of
ballast equipment is to be performed
- Point out and explain potential safety items that may arise
when dumping ballast
- Safety Awareness
- Personal Accountability
- Values Based Leadership
- Takes Direction & Effectively Executes
Experience: 1+ years of Field service
experience with customer facing role.
1+ years of demonstrating the ability to effectively communicate
verbally and in writing.
1+ years of demonstrating technical skills such as mechanical,
electrical, hydraulic and machine operations.
Licenses/Certifications: All Railroad specific
certifications to operate on track -MADE AVAILAB LE BY LORAM, Loram
Operating Rules Certification. All Loram required E-Learning, On
the Job, and 3rd Party Safety Training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A working knowledge of railroads, transportation, heavy
construction, or combination.
- A disciplined work ethic and advocate for management’s mission
- Ability to maintain a flexible travel calendar.
Education: Technical Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical, Electrical and Welding Experience is preferred. CDL
is preferred. Must be eligible to obtain CDL through Loram.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly become familiar with
Railroad products and services, particularly pertaining to
maintenance of track and structures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 80% or more travel, including international, using any method
- Occasional lifting of 50 - 100lbs
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical,
retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral
vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions
during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad
Keywords: Loram, Fargo , Rail Field Service Mechanic-Regional Minnesota- LTI, Other , Roseau, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!