Field Quality Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Field Quality Manager is a member of the project management
team, is able to work with minimal supervision and takes the lead
role in managing project quality. He/she provides primary technical
support to all team members and the crafts by managing the
development and implementation of the Project Quality Plan and by
researching/answering questions of technical nature. This position
requires the incumbent to develop thorough knowledge of the project
score and schedule as they apply to QA/QC.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must promote and comply with all Company safety policies and
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Read and understand plans and specifications. Visualize
two-dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop
complete understanding of contract plans and specifications.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems,
inaccuracies and cost-saving measures that arise or that may be
encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
- Inspect subordinates' work for compliance with the contract
plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and
take any corrective action needed.
- Listen to other employees' and supervisor's suggestions,
complaints, problems, safety concerns and recommendations, evaluate
each and then devise and implement a plan of action based on that
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to
determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or
- Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject
to and take all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or
- Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and
warning devices (i.e., backup alarms, smell of smoke, different
colored warning tags, warning sirens).
- Understand and implement lockout/tagout procedures in safe
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans,
specifications and industry standards.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Wanzek Construction's Operations
Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manual and procedures.
- Manage, train and mentor multiple inspectors/field engineers in
their respective duties and responsibilities.
- Assist with and oversee development of a Project Quality Plan,
which addresses the client's quality requirements.
- Manage and ensure implementation and effectiveness of the
Project Quality Plan through periodic reviews and document
findings, and take corrective actions to address shortcomings.
- Prepare the Monthly Project Quality Report, review and cosign
with the Site Manager and submit to Divisional Quality
- Facilitate Quality Plan implementation walkarounds and
participate in weekly meetings to review status of Quality
- Plan and perform field inspections and tests to coordinate with
the construction schedule, ensuring supervision and craftsmen do
- Ensure that tests are performed, received and interpreted
timely so that impacts due to failure are minimized.
- Provide training to supervision and craftsmen regarding the
project-specific quality process and requirements.
- Be involved in and provide QA/QC input to task planning.
- When required, develop written plans and procedures for project
specific activities to supplement task planning, i.e., pipeline
- Organize and maintain project and corporate QA/QC files.
- Review/approve (initial/date) all third-party test results for
compliance with project requirements.
- Work with field staff to identify and issue Quality Alerts,
notices of nonconformance and corrective actions.
- Train Inspectors and Field Engineers on quality job
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Four-year engineering, science or technical college degree plus
five years' experience in a related construction field (at least
two of these years in a QA/QC position); or an associate degree in
engineering technology or science, plus eight years' experience in
a related construction field (at least two of these years in a
QA/QC position); or a high school graduate or equivalent (GED),
plus ten years' experience in a related construction field (at
least three of these years in a QA/QC position).
- Certifications from AWS, ACI, ICBO, ASNT, NACE, API, etc., are
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The Field Quality Manager must be a self-starter with
organizational, managerial and leadership skills.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety
and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this
role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Wanzek' s
Zero Injury principles.
- Must have working knowledge of construction industry codes
(ACI, AWS, ASME, NEC, etc.).
- Must have broad working knowledge of all crafts and their
associated special processes, inspection, and testing
- Apply principles of quality, lean kaizen and continuous
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software packages needed
to support the documentation, analysis and retention of quality
- Read, analyze and interpret blueprints, professional journals,
technical procedures, contracts or governmental regulations.
- Write reports, technical specifications, work instructions,
procedures, business correspondence and document quality-related
issues and activities.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
project managers, superintendents, clients, customers and the
- Effectively communicate and develop positive working
relationships with the owner, owner's representative and the
Company's site supervision, in order to facilitate the quality
- Ability to coach, mentor and collaborate with staff at all
levels to drive continuous improvement in safety, quality
development and process improvement.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization,
client, subcontractors and suppliers in order to provide
information necessary to obtain and complete a project.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest,
proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, statistics and
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram or schedule form.
After you apply, your application will be reviewed and
considered for our next available position.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The
Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion,
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military
status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable
federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits
harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these
protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all
applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration
of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Keywords: MasTec, Fargo , Field Quality Manager, Other , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!