Machinist: CNC Router- Afternoon Shift
Company: Douglas Machine, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Machinist position requires a technical degree in Machine
Tool Technology and some work experience including an internship or
equivalent. Under direct supervision, operates more than one type
of machine tool such as mills, drill presses, lathes etc., on
machining operations with a moderate degree of difficulty in
support of production operations.
Afternoon Shift hours would be Monday - Thursday, 3pm to
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned:
- Steward our mission (to enrich lives by providing
differentiated packaging automation and services) and values
(unwavering integrity, servant's heart, ownership spirit and
continuous innovation and improvement).
- Receive specific machining instructions from blueprints and
- Read and interpret blueprints and part drawings and machine to
- Familiar with sending and receiving programs to and from
- Perform as many second operations as possible, stamping part
numbers and deburring during machine cycle time.
- Maintain work area in accordance to 5S standards.
- Check machine parts to ensure that they meet proper size, shape
or tolerance specs.
- Perform routine maintenance.
- Uses micrometers and other measuring tools and devices to
assure tolerances are held.
- Set up, operate, and program a broad range of production work
involving close tolerances and set ups that are exacting utilizing
both vice work and fixturing techniques that are somewhat involved
and have a low to moderate degree of difficulty.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to continue expanding his/her
skills by pursuing training and cross training in all areas of the
Machine Shop as availability of equipment allows.
- Must demonstrate the flexibility to operate any equipment or
perform any operations to maintain part throughput according to
priority and due dates within the assigned cell.
- Responsible for complying with all safety policies and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability and desire to grow and take on new
- Excellent work history
- Able to set up basic tooling; write and execute basic
- Able to read and understand blue prints
- Able to read and use precision measuring tools
- Able to learn and understand job methods and instructions in a
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Able to do accurate work
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Technical degree in Machine Tool Technology or related field and
some machining work experience such as an internship or High school
diploma / GED and 2 years of relevant machining experience or
Keywords: Douglas Machine, Inc., Fargo , Machinist: CNC Router- Afternoon Shift, Other , Alexandria, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!