LOCATION: Moorhead, MN; Hillsboro, ND; Crookston, MN; Drayton,
REPORTS TO: Storeroom Supervisor at Drayton, M&S
Administrator at EGF, and Storekeeper at all other locations
ESSSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Loading and unloading of truck. Driving to designated
- Responsible for checking all truck fluid levels and making sure
the truck lamps are clean and
in working order. The Truck Driver is responsible to make sure
the truck is safe for highway
- Maintain the truck and truck loading and unloading area in a
clean and satisfactory manner.
- Notify supervisor immediately of any driving infraction or any
restrictions affecting ability
- Maintain a current CDL, a satisfactory DOT physical examination
limitations, a satisfactory driver's record as outlined in the
qualifications and submit to random
- May operate gasoline, liquidfied gas or electric powered
- May perform routine preventative maintenance on mobile
equipment including lubrication,
recharging batteries, filling fuel tank, replacing liquefied-gas
tanks and cleaning mobile
- May take inventory of materials and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works overtime as required.
- Acts as a driver for materials delivery to/from American
Crystal Sugar factories and to/from
other required supplier locations.
- Receives, stocks, picks-up and issues materials from warehouse
(which requires physical
lifting and climbing capabilities.
- May also back up storeroom staff and other materials handling
functions as required.
- Assists in cycle counting of physical inventory as required and
makes issues and receipts when
the situation is required.
- Operates and performs routine maintenance checks for assigned
- Operates gasoline; liquefied gas or electric powered industrial
forklifts and factory pickup
trucks. Must fulfill all safety requirements and training for
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and record keeping
for mobile equipment which
includes the following.
- Checking Lubrication
- Recharging Batteries
- Filling Fuel Tanks
- Replacing Liquefied-Gas Tanks
- Cleaning Mobile Equipment
- Responsible for routine cleaning, sanitation and maintenance
tasks and other general
housekeeping tasks requested by supervisor.
Work Environment: Employees are required to work indoors and
outdoors, in wet, humid, cold & hot
conditions as necessary; may be exposed to slippery/uneven
ground conditions. Employees are exposed
to fumes, airborne particles, toxic chemicals and work in
explosive areas and around moving
equipment which will require lockout procedures. Occasionally is
exposed to working in elevated
places. Noise levels are above 85 db. Employee may be exposed to
Personal protective equipment is available and must be worn when
Physical/Cognitive Requirements: Must be able to climb from
ladders or man lifts and transport up
to 50 pounds without assistance. Must use appropriate lifting
devices for lifting greater than 100
pounds and operates forklift for other lifting. Must be able to
communicate effectively, read and
understand instructions, street signs, roadmaps, and general
instructions to locate various
locations as directed. Must also be able to read and interpret
documents such as safety procedures,
operations and maintenance instructions, procedures manuals, and
complete daily checklists.
Must be able to accurately read and record inventories and
chemical usages. Employees must be able
to access all levels and areas of factory. Able to operate hand
& foot controls of forklift. Must
wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including
respirator and SCBA if appropriate, and
be fit tested if required. Employees must have
training/knowledge of safe handling of SO2, process
safety management, Hazardous Materials and MSDS information.
Employees must also be familiar with the factory SPCC plan and
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this job.
In determining who is the most qualified applicant, the Company
reserves the right to consider a
factors including skills, training, education, employee's job
- High School diploma or a GED certificate is required.
- A Class "A" or "B" driver's license is required.
- Must maintain a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR). Copies
of the satisfactory MVR must
be furnished within 10 days of the contingent job award.
o No alcohol/drug related crimes (e.g. DUI/DWI/OWI within last
o No multiple convictions (e.g. repeat offenders):
- 2 or more moving violation convictions or convictions
associated with the use of a motor
vehicle within the last year.
- 3 or more moving violation convictions or convictions
associated with the use of a motor
vehicle within the last 36 months.
- A current and satisfactory DOT physical examination
certification (DOT health card) is
required within 10 days of the contingent job award. Must be
able to recertify health card. Must
meet all DOT requirements, including random drug testing.
- Must be able to work with and communicate well with
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to reference, read and understand how to use MSDS
- Basic understanding of computer systems and ability to learn
the company's SAP computer system
to perform basic computer data entries is required.
- Knowledge of ACSC's materials, supplies and related
- Forklift and manlift certification is required.