Vice President of Customer Relations
Company: Lakeshirts, Inc
Location: Detroit Lakes
Posted on: June 12, 2021
OUR CULTURE IS ONE-OF-A-KIND AND TRULY SETS US APART. We are
proud of our humble beginnings and non-corporate style. We offer a
unique atmosphere, unlike any other manufacturer. We work hard to
be the best and we seek only committed individuals that will help
move our company forward and embrace our values and culture.
Lakeshirts | Blue 84 is one of the largest privately owned
screen-printing manufacturers in the United States, responsible for
decorating and distribution of a wide variety of garments for the
resort, college and K-12 markets. At our headquarters in Detroit
Lakes, MN, we employ over 550 great people, proudly producing
35,000+ garments daily. It's not just a job but a lifestyle. Our
job descriptions help support and guide you in the role you play in
making our company successful. LIFE'S BETTER IN A T-SHIRT. IT
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT A DEPARTMENT, IT'S AN ATTITUDE.
We're looking for an experienced executive level leader to
champion our value of WOWing our Customers across all divisions of
the company. If you are a strategic thinker and love working with
people, solving problems, work well under pressure, can handle any
conflict and bring about a positive result (hello, service with a
smile), while keeping an even keel, this position might fit you to
a tee. The ideal candidate will additionally bring recent and
relevant experience leading a call-center style team, along with
technology/system innovation to catapult our customer service
experience to the next level of WOW.
The VP of Customer Relations is responsible for the overall
customer experience in all divisions, National Sales Rep support
and growth, and internal sales order movement. The VP of Customer
Relations will lead a diverse team of customer service
professionals (8+ direct reports & over 60+ team members & growing)
in a process rich environment with a mix of on-site and remote team
members while cultivating a high-caliber, collaborative team where
each staff member is engaged and attentive to the needs of internal
and external customers. They create a positive and respectful team
environment that reflects Lakeshirts' values and culture, and
understands Lakeshirts focus on building long term customer
relationships and continuous process improvement.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8a-5p, 45+ hours per week
A Typical Day (job functions) | Lead by Example + Assign Work +
Collaborate + Communicate
- Bring an executive level approach to strategically catapult our
customer service experience to the next level of WOW,
- Develop, implement and sustain organizational structure,
systems and training that support expected growth for both onsite
and off sites team members; ensuring both individual and team
- Owner of all customer service related Execution Plans; driving
continuous improvement goals for the department.
- Communicate with reps, customers, and team members on the
phone, in person, and via email in a manner that is professional
and MN Nice; answer questions and resolve difficult or complex
issues promptly to prevent delays in processing orders. Working
with the entire customer service team to ensure they provide the
same service level expectations.
- Ensure each team member provides the expected support to sales
reps by keeping them updated on current issues such as line changes
or additions, proofing and processing orders, serving as a resource
for questions and requests.
- Monitor and ensure service level agreements, customer service
goals and rep agreement timelines are being met by the team. Report
monthly to sales managers and president the results of the team and
steps being taken to improve results.
- Mentor leads in each division, establish and maintain a
plan/do/check/adjust system with each lead.
- Foster an environment of cross-training within the team,
identifying and providing opportunities for future leaders to
- Establish and maintain a bench of employees to fill gaps of
team leadership that could occur during vacations, exits, etc.
- Collaborate with other leaders throughout all departments at
Lakeshirts to uphold standards and communicate changes to team in a
- Initiate and ensure current leadership is providing ongoing
training to the rep coordinators so they may accurately enter
orders, service rep & customer questions and requests, and run all
reporting aspects needed to provide this service.
- Collaborate with other leaders to set long and short term goals
for improving the customer and rep experience from onboard to exit.
Lead and/or assist in implementing steps to achieve those
- Align with Sales Managers to identify additional ways to assist
our reps and customers.
- Collaborate with team to overcome any team member concerns and
- Conduct quarterly performance and yearly increase reviews with
employees in conjunction with Team Leaders
- Embrace our value of Continuous Improvement; frequently review,
identify and implement improvement measures to increase efficiency
within processes and the team.
Skills (qualifications) | Servant Leadership + Multi-task +
Problem Solve + NIMBLE + TEAMwork
- Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Merchandising,
or related field required
- Minimum of 5+ year's customer service leadership experience in
a fast-paced work group or high-volume sales department.
- Personable, friendly, energetic, humble, optimistic, and must
have a good sense of humor
- Recent and relevant experience leading a call center style
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, pay attention to
- Independent decision-making skills with reason and good
- Ability to work well in a team
- Must be reliable, responsible, flexible and take direction
- Must be able to handle multiple interruptions and follow
- Excellent communication skills both written, oral and feel
comfortable presenting to large groups
- Proficiency using technology, such as PowerPoint, Excel and
Word, to be organized and efficient, experience with CRM software
is a must.
- Call center technology/management systems knowledge, with
system implementation and use experience preferred
- Must have the skills, curiosity, and desire to run & scour
Excel reports through the use of filters, pivot tables, formulas,
etc., to identify potential bottlenecks or issues that need to be
addressed on a daily basis
- Welcoming of change nimble and open minded
- Must have an ability to recognize our culture, contribute to
it, and be a part of it. Big egos, game players, "me firsts",
entitled, and other such traits need not apply. We kind of mean it
- Must love dogs (we kinda like them at our MN headquarters, and
we hope you do, too)
Cognitive or Mental Requirements of the Job:
Employee must be able to see and hear, read and write. Requires
good judgment, people-oriented, flexible organized diplomatic,
reliable, enthusiastic, courteous, helpful, patience.
Keywords: Lakeshirts, Inc, Fargo , Vice President of Customer Relations, Other , Detroit Lakes, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!