Human Resources Generalist, Req # 289
Company: Mental Health America of Los Angeles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
For close to a century, Mental Health America of Los Angeles
(MHALA) has been a local and national leader in mental health
systems change, service innovation, training, and education. MHALA
seeks to address the quality and length of life issues faced by
many living with mental health needs. Recently, MHALA has expanded
their presence throughout the community and grown exponentially in
terms of people, revenues, members, and services.
MHALA is seeking an experienced HR Generalist in the Antelope
Valley. The position is temporarily remote during COVID but will be
based in the Lancaster office as returns to the office. Upon return
to the office, continuing a hybrid work from home model with the
expectation of several days in the office per week.
The position will serve as the sole HR practitioner for this
satellite location and report into the CHRO of the Agencys Long
Beach headquarters. They will be a member of a highly collaborative
human resources department. The role is wide in scope and handles
all generalist duties for their respective location as well as
supports all aspects of non-management recruiting Agency-wide.
- Manage HR related functions including recruitment, orientation,
termination, performance management, disciplinary actions,
investigations and administration of policies and procedures, to
help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the
- Provide high quality, timely and professional customer service
to employees at all levels within the organization.
- Manage full cycle recruitment process for all exempt and
nonexempt employees, students, interns and temporary staff.
Including need assessment for new roles, draft and update job
descriptions, post jobs on Application Tracking System (ATS), write
and place targeted job advertisements, review resumes, complete
candidate pre-screens and partner with managers on final hiring
decisions. Create job offers and ensure all pre-hire activities are
completed. Ensure all candidates are appropriately dispositioned in
- Conduct onboarding, new employee orientations and participate
in open enrollment.
- Update and develop agency personnel policies and procedures;
keep up-to-date with personnel law, federal and state reporting
compliance, labor codes, significant legal decisions and advances
in the field of personnel management.
- Manage the exit process to ensure timely delivery of final
checks and appropriate documentation and exit interviews.
- Assist to establish departmental measurements that support the
accomplishment of the agency's strategic goals and meet the
established measurements consistently.
- Undertake and coordinate special projects from inception
through implementation and follow up; complete other
responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of information.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and good
- Work cooperatively with other staff to assure the smooth and
seamless delivery of human resources services to the Agency and its
- Complete all documentation and maintain all paperwork and other
required documentation as required for program compliance and
accountability in accordance with MHALA standards, legal
regulations and funding source requirements.
- And other duties as assigned by the CHRO.
- Requires 7 years of human resources generalist experience.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of human
- Must deliver a high level of customer service with employees at
all levels within the organization.
- Thrives on change and responds with innovation to required
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and
- Must be self-starting, self-directed, highly organized and have
the ability to juggle multiple tasks without losing
- Prior experience working remotely is preferred.
- Ability to be service-focused and understand how to organize,
adapt, and prioritize their workload, knowing when to call for
guidance and yet comfortable with a large degree of autonomy.
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate
positively and sensitively to employees who come from a wide range
or personal, social, cultural, ethnic, racial, educational and
- Must be computer literate and have significant experience with
Microsoft Office Suite, as well good basic computational math
- Knowledgeable in HRIS systems, Paylocity preferred
- Occasional travel to other MHALA locations may occur so ability
to commute to other locations as needed is required.
- Driving with current class C drivers license, a vehicle for
transportation, proof of valid automobile insurance, the ability to
be ensured by MHALA liability insurance are conditions of
- TB clearance and yearly re-testing are conditions of
MHALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer- All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status
Keywords: Mental Health America of Los Angeles, Fargo , Human Resources Generalist, Req # 289, Other , Lancaster, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!