This position is a Administrative Support Assistant, GS- 0303-7
working in Thomson, IL, Wapello, IA, Middle River, MN, Morris, MN,
This position is also open to the public under announcement
R3-21-11128009-KL-MP. You must apply to each announcement
separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment
Learn more about this agency
As a Administrative Support Assistant your duties will include,
but are not limited to, the following: The incumbent is a source of
administrative expertise in support of the station's Administrative
- Develops and formulates field level budget including estimate,
justifications, and all financial activities.
- Reviews financial documents for accuracy.
- Prepares acquisitions for supplies, equipment and construction
meeting station needs.
- Employee is required to hold a procurement warrant.
- Provides instruction and training in all automated systems to
include hands on training and continuing phone support.
- Provides guidance and assistance to staff in all personnel
- Coordinates computer hardware and software acquisitions.
- Prepares reports associated with property, training, vehicle
use, energy, equipment, safety, travel, and various other special
reports as requested.
- Arranges, attends, and prepares informational packets for
meetings and conferences.
- Reviews, formats and prepares all official correspondence.
- Maintains fleet and submits monthly vehicle usage reports in
- Prepares and receives all ingoing and outgoing mail and
distributes to staff accordingly.
- Receives all incoming calls on the Office Mainline and directs
to appropriate staff or to the correct organization.
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
- Assistants, Office
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Individuals assigned male at birth after 12-31-59 must be
registered for Selective Service. To verify registration visit
- Resume and supporting documents (See How to Apply).
- Suitability for employment, as determined by background
- Driver;s License: Selectees must possess and maintain a valid
State driver's license at all times during their tenure.
- Uniform: Official U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service uniform is
- Probationary Period: Selectees may be required to successfully
complete a probationary period.
Only experience and education obtained by 06/11/2021 will be
In order to qualify for this position you must possess Minimum
Minimum Qualification [GS-07]
One year of specialized experience comparable in scope and
responsibility equivalent to grade GS-06 in the Federal service
(experience may have been obtained in public or private sectors).
Experience must include knowledge of administrative functions,
various word processing and spreadsheet software, coordinating
procurement and contracting regulations, policies and procedures;
knowledge of annual work planning and analyzing funding
requirements; preparing and reviewing travel vouchers; preparing
and submitting payment packets; serving as a timekeeper using an
automated system; coordinating staff training; maintaining records
filing system; knowledge of personnel functions, procedures,
preparation, and monitoring of personnel actions; meeting and
communicating effectively with others. Your resume must contain
sufficient detail to prove you have one year of experience
performing these duties.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Time In Grade Requirement: Applicants must meet both eligibility
and qualification requirements for the position of interest by the
closing date of the JOA. Specifically,
i. Area of Consideration.
ii. Time-in-grade (TIG) requirements as specified in 5 CFR 300,
iii. Time after competitive appointment as specified in 5 CFR
iv. Qualification requirements outlined in OPM's Qualifications
Standards for General Schedule Positions or for Federal Wage System
(FWS), wage grade positions, applicants are evaluated using the OPM
Job Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations and the
job element examining method
Your SF-50 will be used to confirm you meet all requirements
There is no education substitution at these grade levels for