Develop embedded software for control of Bobcat Hydro-electrical
systems. This includes but not limited to control systems for
loaders, AWS, Toolcat, compact tractors and excavators. Position
will also entail using Bobcat software development processes for
coding, modeling and testing these control systems.
Role & Responsibility
- Develop, perform and document software unit tests in simulation
- Develop, perform and document software functional tests in the
lab or field environments.
- System integration testing for new software.
- Use the Bobcat Software development lifecycle to ensure quality
development of embedded software work products.
- Work with SW manager to continuously develop software process
- Keep all software work products up to date using SCM and Test
- Attend and lead code review meetings.
- Perform code walk-throughs with other software team members.
Moderate these walk-throughs as necessary to keep meetings on
- Write, maintain and manage source code, work products (Binary
files) for use in Bobcat equipment.
- Manage revisions of source code using SCM.
- Manage sets of changes to source code using change-lists to
track the changes.
Requirements documentation/Software project scope:
- Maintain and develop new software for existing and new Bobcat
electrical system controllers. This requires knowledge of Software
Development Processes: Software configuration management,
requirements management, defect tracking and test case
- Estimate numbers of requirements for a given project (Scope &
- Estimate effort required and time to implement those
- Attend and lead requirement review meetings on a weekly basis
and as project needs require.
- Maintain/create requirement documentation for systems and
- Manage requirements documentation for these systems and
controllers using software configuration management, requirements
management tools and with MS Word documents.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical
Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- Experience Required: 5>7 years
- Travel Required: <10%
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Use of standard computer programs such as MS Office.
- Experience in the operation of off-highway equipment is
Difficulties & area of focus when carrying out job
- Analyze design to determine solutions to new and existing
- Communicate these solutions to the various departments within
Bobcat to get them corrected as needed.
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction,
agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is
committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000
people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers
products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and
communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America
headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to
world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat compact equipment;
Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner
grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through
our winning culture and one global team working together, we
deliver the best products and service to our customers - and make
the world a better place. Join our team today and start building
your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race,
color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin,
disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic
protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a
reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need
assistance accessing the information on this website should call
701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks
priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official
Nearest Major Market: Fargo