Certified Nursing Assistant CNA/HHA - 15 to 20 hours a week
Company: Adara Home Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Adara Home Health makes a difference by providing excellent care
and connecting with clients and their family members in a
meaningful way, and by bringing a feeling of relief home. It's not
just the care we provide, but it's the way we do it-with utmost
respect and consideration. We work with our employees to mentor,
develop, and constantly improve the client and employee experience.
You will have the opportunity to gain experience in many different
areas and grow professionally with Adara.
- Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
- No Weekends
Primary Position Duties:
- Assists with personal cares such as bathing, dressing,
grooming, feeding, toileting, routine catheter and colostomy care,
ambulation, transfers or positioning.
- Performs simple dressing changes that do not require the skills
of a licensed nurse.
- Assists with physician-ordered medications which are ordinarily
self-administered under the direction and supervision of the
Registered Nurse. Typically, this involves reminding the client of
the specific times to take their medication.
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services
under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
- Range of motion exercises
Home exercise program
- Reports changes in the client's condition and needs to the
- Performs household services essential to health care at home,
including, but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Completes the appropriate records to document care given and
- Communicates effectively with all members of the
- Maintains a safe client environment and identifies and reports
of any suspected vulnerable client abuse, neglect, or financial
- Maintains client confidentiality; treats clients and families
- Understands, accepts and responds to the emotional needs of
- Participates in in-service programs to meet compliance
- Accepts and fulfills assignments and exercises judgement in
- Understands and follows infection control policies including
- May assist with precepting other HHA's.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education or Skills:
- Heavy to Very Heavy physical demands. Involves bending,
stooping, lifting and stretching. Must be adaptable to a variety of
environments and settings in the community. Must be able to drive
or use public transportation.
- Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, in
excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, in excess of 20 pounds of
force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are
in excess of those for heavy work.
- Currently or have previously been on the Certified Nursing
Assistant (CNA) Registry or successfully completed a formal
certification training program and passed a written test and
competency evaluation. The certificate must not have been revoked,
suspended, without limitations or restrictions.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age, or if 16-17 years of
age, has participated in a related school based job-training
program or completed a certified HHA Competency Evaluation.
- Have at least six months experience in a health care
- Have demonstrated sympathetic attitude toward care of others
who are vulnerable.
- Possess the ability to read, write and carry out
- Possess the maturity to deal effectively with the demands of
- Have demonstrated the ability to work with little supervision
and make appropriate judgements.
- Have demonstrated dependability, tact and ability to follow
- Proof of negative mantoux or documentation of negative chest
- Access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation in
order to travel to multiple company business stops a day.
- A valid driver's license and proof of car insurance when using
a personal vehicle for company business.
- Have U.S. Citizenship or evidence of valid Alien Work
- Disclose any conviction and criminal history records pertaining
to any crime related to the provision of health services. A
candidate who has been convicted of such crimes will be not be
- Pass initial and ongoing background studies and screenings
including but not limited to those of the Minnesota Department of
Health and the Federal Office of the Inspector General's List of
Certified Nursing Assistant
Home Health Aide
Medical Nursing Assistant
Keywords: Adara Home Health, Fargo , Certified Nursing Assistant CNA/HHA - 15 to 20 hours a week, Other , Alexandria, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!