Company: Otter Tail Corporation
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Northern Pipe Products, a local PVC pipe manufacturer currently
has an opening for a full time maintenance technician. Ideal
candidates will have a minimum of a 2-year degree in industrial
maintenance and/or related work experience in an industrial
- Monitors the production schedule and safely performs various
extrusion tooling change requests to include head changes, sizing
sleeves, tank gaskets, saw jaws and belling tools.
- Communicates with the Inventory Control Manager and the Team
Leaders concerning extrusion-tooling changes to execute the
- Safely repairs and maintains all plant equipment as well as
maintenance of the building and grounds as required.
- Monitors line equipment and reports observed significant safety
and/or maintenance requirements at team meetings.
Safely performs other maintenance activities to include items
generated by work orders and minor maintenance during production
Maintains and services motorized equipment to include forklifts
and Company owned trucks.
Safely performs routine electrical troubleshooting and
maintenance.(VFD & PLC's)
- Participates in the Company on call program to respond to
emergency situations such as critical equipment failure, power
failure, power outages and critical adjustments.
- Trains team members & production associates on specific job
functions relating to assigned areas.
- Recommends the most cost-effective approach for completing
- Establishes and maintains a basic understanding of programmable
- Maintains familiarity with the maintenance & safety
requirements for all plant equipment and machinery, and areas of
- Accurately documents all maintenance activities and operations
in accordance with Company policies and quality standards.
- Performs all duties in a safe, efficient manner and observes
all appropriate Company safety regulations.
- Consults with the Maintenance Team Leader and other personnel
as required in conjunction with maintenance and/or repair
- Monitors and maintains equipment safety precautions and makes
recommendations related to safety issues.
- Actively participates in safety meetings, team meetings,
recruitment efforts and issues relating to the betterment of the
team and its customers.
- Maintain excellent relations with internal customers by
listening, communicating and providing maintenance improvements as
- Assists other personnel in plant functions as required.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all duties performed by personnel so classified.
Education: Graduation from high school plus at least two years
of related technical training.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
At least two years of recent related manufacturing maintenance
experience, which includes the following skills and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the materials, methods and practices
used production manufacturing maintenance operations.
- Considerable knowledge of related safety requirements to
include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety
- Ability to perform moderately complex manufacturing maintenance
activities with a strong sense of initiative and urgency.
- Ability to effectively train fellow employees on related job
- Ability to operate general office equipment including
maintenance related applications on a microcomputer.
- Ability to conform to Company attendance standards.
- Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and
- Ability to work effectively in elevated locations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Ability to work effectively in a participative/team-oriented
- The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other
combinations of education and experience could provide the
necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Hours: 5:45 PM - 6:15 AM (12 hour shift) rotates with production
team. 1st week work M/T/F/S, 2nd week work S/W/TH.
Pay: Wages commensurate with education and/or prior work
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The position has typical manufacturing plant working conditions
to include the presence of large machinery, elevated noise levels
and continuous manufacturing process activity. The job requires
sustained mental effort related to technical areas and physical
The individual may encounter significant emotional strain or
tension and will constantly be exposed to standing, moderate
lifting (up to 50 pounds), occasional heavy lifting (75 + pounds),
an environment that requires occasional ear and eye protection,
working at elevations up to 50 feet, adverse seasonal weather
conditions and other environmental conditions normally present in a
modern manufacturing plant.
To apply please complete the on-line application.
Keywords: Otter Tail Corporation, Fargo , Maintenance, Other , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!