Laborer - CO (Temp/Seasonal)
Company: CHS, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Back to search
Laborer - CO (Temp/Seasonal)
Ortonville, MN, US, 56278-4086
Date posted: May 19, 2021
Job ID: 1172
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
CHS has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division at our
Ortonville MN location. We are looking for an individual to join
our Operations team working as a Laborer (Temporary/Seasonal) to
paint propane tanks. You will assist patrons in a professional
manner and promote a positive image of the coop. You must have the
ability to adapt, think and make decisions quickly; have a pleasant
attitude, be helpful, and customer focused.
You must be able to work extended hours during the months of May
- Acknowledge patrons and assist them in the appropriate area of
operation in a courteous and professional manner.
- Paint propane tanks in the service area.
- Carry out assigned responsibilities promptly and
- Complete all safety reports and required record keeping.
- Comply with company policy and government regulations regarding
appropriate commodities handled.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety
- Keep work area and grounds neat and clean.
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, and others
to customer sites.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of commodities handled, work
environment and develop safe work habits.
- Load and unload products from trucks in a timely manner as they
come into the business. Maintain and promote a strong safety
culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek
assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform warehouse work to include: driving loader, loading
inventory, forklift, mechanics, general maintenance, etc.
- Promptly report to supervisor any customer complaints, repair,
maintenance needs and safety concerns.
- Provide management with input on improving efficiency of
operation and profitability. Unload grain commodities as they are
received. Verify proper working order of equipment and supporting
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 75 lbs, climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and
- Ability to operate loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and
- Ability to work long hours to meet business demands
- Farming background
- Grain handling experience
- Elevator experience
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of
Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full
query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol
Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that
requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates
seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor
vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the
FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of
offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify
Keywords: CHS, Inc., Fargo , Laborer - CO (Temp/Seasonal), Other , Ortonville, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!