Seasonal Locator - Fargo, ND
Company: Midcontinent Communications
Location: West Fargo
Posted on: June 13, 2021
This is a seasonal position working approximately March -
November, 40+ hours/week. Free internet and TV!!
Support location efforts of existing underground cable for the
construction department and field operations as a whole.
- Support efforts to identify and clearly mark existing
underground cable as directed.
- Possess knowledge of procedures and equipment required to
locate existing underground cable ("locates").
- Identify and mark locations of new cable to be dropped and
buried underground ("bury drops").
- Possess proficiency in the operation of locate and bury drop
equipment as required within areas of responsibility.
- Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
- Drive Company vehicles safely, courteously, and defensively;
schedule appropriate maintenance as required.
- Maintain current, valid driver's license and good to excellent
driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you for
employment in this position).
- Read, comprehend, and utilize cable system maps and plans.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of
communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer's
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce and maintain timely and accurate documentation as
- Mentor new hires as required.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the
efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility,
responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and
detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while
using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of
efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients,
co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and
implementing viable solutions
- All employees are required to actively follow Midco policies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational
- Previous locate or bury drop experience preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and
arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or carry loads of up to 38 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- May be required to work within limited and confined spaces as
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee
occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment
year-round in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally
exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per
week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays,
evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to
the world of communications and delighting customers with
exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine
commitment to each other, Midco fiber proudly serves more than
440,000 residential and business customers in 400 communities in
Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By
2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband -
while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas.
We're also dedicated to making our communities better places to
live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here
are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to
- Free Midco internet & cable TV
- Get involved: Midco supports volunteerism and community
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work
- And many more
Visit https://midco.com/careers to learn
about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected
Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local
commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view
our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please
refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.
Keywords: Midcontinent Communications, Fargo , Seasonal Locator - Fargo, ND, Other , West Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!