Web Press Operator - Starting at $15/hr - Located in Brainerd, MN
Company: Bang Printing
Posted on: July 22, 2021
To assist the Press Operator in the operation of the press to
ensure acceptable quality at maximum productivity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors pH and conductivity of fountain solution on
- Ensure work produced exceeds quality guidelines
- Fully understand and support company’s quality system
- Ensures all production specifications are met
- Ensure paper is properly loaded and prepared on all presses to
- Ensures skids are properly marked for next operation prior to
leaving the pressroom
Conscientious Supply Usage
- Use raw materials in a cost-effective manner aimed at reducing
- Assist Press Operator in defining and addressing areas of high
- Ensure water, rags and press chemicals are available for
presses to ensure continuous operation.
- Empty soiled rag containers daily.
- Empty waste ink and chemical containers daily. Ensure that
waste containment area is maintained and kept clean.
- Notify safety coordinator when chemical barrels are approaching
- Ensure that all plates, stock, ink and proofs for the next job
are at the press before previous job is completed to ensure quick
start-up and minimal down time.
- Ensure process project goals are met for make ready and run
- Ensure equipment is operating though shift change and lunch
- Provide feedback to Press Operator on areas of production
- Provide backup and support to other presses in the event of the
assigned feeder’s absence.
- Performs preventative maintenance on press such as lubrication,
replacement of small parts, cleaning and installation of rollers,
and accurately record all maintenance performed in maintenance
- Work with Press Operator and maintenance department to ensure
maintenance is performed in an effective timely manner.
- Maintains and reads Material Safety Date Sheets. Sees to proper
handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals.
- Report all safety concerns to Press Operator.
- Assists in cleaning up and keeping immediate work area neat and
- Accurately record all production data in Real Time system on
job tickets, load slips, ect.
- Ensure manufacturing area is neat, clean and organized.
- Perform necessary paperwork such as time sheets, code 2’s and
vacation sheets in a timely manner.
- Problem solving
- Do regular maintenance and record that in the log book
- Understand, support and comply with company rules and
- Report and unsafe conditions to the supervisor
- Be aware of and comply with all lock out tag out procedures for
- Write and record work orders as necessary
- Special projects as assigned
- Provide support to fellow employees
- Accurately detail issues to Press Operator for resolution
- High school diploma or equivalent. Graphic arts and/or
Technical School background beneficial
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good communication skills
- Frequent long hours, 12 hour days
- Ability to lift 60lbs. on a regular basis
- Willing to work all shifts
- Hearing protection
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the application process
because of a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Bang Printing, Fargo , Web Press Operator - Starting at $15/hr - Located in Brainerd, MN, Other , Staples, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!