Steel Erection Foreman
Company: Rice Companies
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Commercial ConstructionThis position is eligible for up to an $2500
Sign On Bonus!
Rice Companies Foreman manage and coordinate all site construction
activities of Rice Companies personnel, suppliers and
subcontractors to ensure highest quality control, safety practices,
maintain on-time scheduling and budgeting.
The Foreman serves as the lead for Rice Companies self-performing
construction activities.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and supervises all on-site activities in project
construction plan in collaboration with Project Superintendent,
Production Manager and Project Management.
- When required, records and submits daily project report of all
subcontractor, supplier or Rice Companies assigned work. Consult
Daily Reporting SOP for more info/direction.
- When required, maintains construction schedule to include two
(2) week look ahead, identifies and solves problems, maintains
estimated budget, insures quality workmanship conforming to
original project plans/specifications, identifies risks and
resolves within guidelines established by Rice Companies and
- Verify Rice Companies labor hours and submits to Rice Companies
- Orders incidentals and stores or stages proactively to have
ready for Rice Companies labor. All purchases need to be approved
by Project Manager of the job. Ensure all materials are on-site
prior to Rice Companies labor force arriving on-site for work.
- Inspects for accuracy all items delivered and also inspects for
damage. If damaged, takes photos of packaging and product to submit
with paperwork. All paperwork should be turned in to the office
weekly with job number(s) on each document.
- Schedules and documents inspections, as necessary, in
collaboration with Project Superintendent and/or Project Manager
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with owners,
customers, inspectors, subcontractors, suppliers, and other Rice
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices,
documents and rectifies job site hazards immediately. Ensures all
company employees and contractors are adhering to Rice Companies
safety policies. Notifies Project Superintendent, Production
Manager, Safety Director, and Project Manager of infractions or
- Maintains a clean and organized job site, including job site
- Verifies current drawings are being utilized by Rice Companies
labor and all subcontractors.
- Contact subcontractors prior to date of expected job site
arrival to ensure schedule is maintained. Hold subcontractors
accountable to quality, time, budget, and schedule.
- Verify requested changes by owner or others to the Project
Superintendent and/or Project Manager.QUALIFICATIONS
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible, broad-based,
commercial construction experience
- Demonstrated interest/ability to lead, coach or mentor
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Equipment certifications (scissor lift, forklifts, boom lifts,
skid steer, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency of construction tools and equipment,
including but not limited to saws, drills, levels, transits, hand
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret plans/prints.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and goal-oriented individual
with leadership skills
- Possess ability to schedule and multi-task in a Microsoft
- Occasional lifting of over 50 pounds without assistance
- Overnight travel may be requiredEqual Opportunity Employer,
including disabled and veterans.
Keywords: Rice Companies, Fargo , Steel Erection Foreman, Other , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!