New Flyer of America - Building and Grounds Maintenance Assistant
Company: New Flyer-US
Posted on: May 16, 2022
New Flyer is North America's heavy-duty transit bus leader with
locations in Canada in Winnipeg and Arnprior, and facilities in the
USA in Crookston, St. Cloud, Ontario, Anniston, Shepherdsville and
Jamestown. It offers the most advanced product line under the
Xcelsior - and Xcelsior CHARGE--- brands. It also offers
infrastructure development through New Flyer Infrastructure
Solutions---, a service dedicated to providing safe, sustainable,
and reliable charging and mobility solutions. New Flyer actively
supports over 41,000 heavy-duty transit buses (New Flyer, NABI, and
Orion) currently in service, of which 7,300 are powered by electric
motors and battery propulsion and 1,600 are zero-emission. Further
information is available at . POSITION SUMMARY:This position will
perform a large variety of duties required to help keep specified
production and building equipment running correctly, smoothly,
efficiently, safely, and maintaining overall appearances. This is
done through performing preventative and routine maintenance tasks,
and repairing failures, and building projects, all accomplished in
a safe and timely fashion.WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support main project of maintaining paint booths.
- Support all company safety initiatives.
- Support the quality, timeliness, and overall output of the
- Participate in the daily maintenance huddle with a focus on
achieving our preventative maintenance schedule as well as our
unplanned maintenance requests.
- Participate in cross-training to help ensure appropriate levels
of coverage at all times.
- Interface with other cells and departments as required in order
to resolve issues and complete tasks.
- Transporting of personnel and parts as requested and as
- Performing building & grounds maintenance tasks as requested,
such as: Weeding, pruning, mowing, painting, cleaning, flag
deployment, and snow/ice removal. WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Previous employment with maintenance responsibilities and
experience is preferred.
- Previous employment or experience with building painting would
be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing
- Must have a basic level of mechanical aptitude, be able to
interpret drawings, schematics and manuals.
- Possess good written communication and interpersonal
- Must be able to work independently as well as with other
company personnel New Flyer is an
EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Benefits: Our benefits include medical, employer-paid dental
and employer-paid vision insurance. We also have 12 paid holidays
and vacation, 401k with a generous company match, employer-paid
life insurance, voluntary-term life insurance, employer-paid short
and employer-paid long-term disability, critical illness and
accident benefits, and an allowance for safety boots/shoes. A
waiting period for benefits may apply.
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and
this is the tenth since the competition was established in
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout
the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting
events and tournaments, and much more.
- Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house
training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at
outside institutions.OUR WHY: We exist to move people. Our mission
is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that
are safe, accessible, e -fficient and reliable.NFI Group is a
leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a
comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and
information are available at , , , , , and .
Keywords: New Flyer-US, Fargo , New Flyer of America - Building and Grounds Maintenance Assistant, Other , Crookston, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!