Patient Access Representative (Reception) - #3057
Company: Alomere Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionDepartment: Alexandria Clinic Patient Access
Unit: Express Care Employment StatusFull Time: 80 hours per pay
periodPayStarting pay rate: $16.25 per hour Actual rate of pay will
be based on experienceHoursTypical scheduled hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 11:00am-8:00pm or 10:30am-7:30 pm and Fridays:
7:30pm - 4:30pm or 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Flexibility will be required to help to fill shifts as needed
Monday-Friday from 7:00am until 8:00pm
- This position is part of working a weekend and holiday
- one day (Sat. or Sun.), every 4-5 weekends
- weekend and holiday hours are 8:00am - 3:00pm Job
DescriptionPatient Access Representative is responsible for serving
patients' needs by scheduling appointments for multiple provider
specialties and resources. Must have strong computer skills along
with the ability to learn new protocols while incorporating into
current work flow. Position also includes registration of new and
existing patients, and check in and check out patients for
- Answers calls in a friendly and professional manner.
- Schedules appointments utilizing cheat sheets to ensure
- Correctly schedules lab and imaging appointments and uses Epic
messaging to request needed orders from provider nurse pools.
- Reschedules missed, bumped or canceled appointments as directed
by nursing/provider protocols.
- Utilize recalls to ensure all patient schedule requirements are
- Notifies nurse of additions or cancellations on same day
schedule for specialty providers.
- Notifies Account Services on alert directs or as
- Manager MyChart patient scheduling requests and direct
scheduling; ensuring accuracy of appointment for provider and
- Manages work queues to ensure patients are contacted and
scheduled for needed appointment Patient Registration
- Gathering all needed demographic information and entering and
updating guarantor information.
- Updating existing and new insurances using software program to
verify insurance status.
- Obtaining necessary signatures from patients and updating when
needed. Following compliance requirements in providing patient
right's information as wanted.
- Scan in all needed ID and insurance cards.
- Collect copays and payments as required. Checking In and Out of
- Read all appt notes and messages to ensure paperwork is given
to patients and unique situations are addressed following station
and provider protocols.
- Follow billing protocols outlined by Patient Account
- Reviews insurance eligibility responses and makes needed
- Follow provider instructions for follow up visits, labs and
imaging when provided.
- Provide patient with a summary of their visit. Other Duties
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Participates in departmental or organizational meetings and
- Demonstrates ability to use equipment relevant to the position.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and general computer
- Previous Healthcare Experience preferred. Union PositionNo
Benefit Status Full Time Applicants must be able to meet the
physical demands of the position. A Functional Job Description for
this position is on file in the Human Resources Office and is
available to all applicants for review. All job offers to persons
that are not currently employed by Alomere Health will be
conditional based on favorable references and successful completion
of both a criminal background check and a drug test. I certify that
the facts set forth in this employment application (and any
accompanying resume) are true and complete to the best of my
knowledge. I understand that any falsification, omission,
misrepresentation, or concealment of information on this
application may be sufficient grounds for disqualification from
further consideration for hire or immediate discharge I authorize
Alomere Health to verify the information contained in this
employment application and to investigate my personal or employment
history. I also authorize any former school, employer, person,
firm, corporation, credit agency, or government agency to provide
to Alomere Health information they may have about me. In
consideration of Alomere Health's review of this application. I
further agree that, if employed, I will conform my conduct to
Alomere rules and understand that unless otherwise specifically
agreed to in writing; my employment can be terminated at any time
with or without cause, and with or without notice, at my option or
at the option of Alomere Health. I understand that no personnel
recruiter, interviewer, or other representative of Alomere Health
other than the CEO has authority to enter into any agreement for
employment for any specified period of time. I also understand that
this application and any employment manuals/handbooks that may be
distributed to me during the course of my employment shall not be
construed as a contract. Alomere Health is an EEO employer.
Keywords: Alomere Health, Fargo , Patient Access Representative (Reception) - #3057, Other , Alexandria, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!