Regional Class A CDL Driver
Company: Frito Lay
Posted on: June 25, 2022
*Eligible for up to a $10,000 sign-on bonus*Up to $10,000 Local
Sign on Bonus available. Paid Out $2500 90 days 2500 180 days;
$2500 12 months and $2500 24 months. The best jobs in the trucking
industry are at Frito-Lay. We are proud to offer you a great
starting salary which quickly ramps up for top performers. Your
component pay includes stops, unscheduled layovers, delay,
dispatch, drop and hook, vacation, and so forth. We also offer
unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision,
retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company
contribution, vacation days and much more. For extra detail on pay,
routes, and layover rates, we encourage you to visit http://www.
driveforfritolay.com. You can even submit an interest card if you
want to talk to a recruiter, just make sure you meet the minimum
- You possess a valid Class "A" commercial driver's license
- You have at least 100,000 verifiable accident-free miles or
more than 2,500 accident-free hours
- You will be required to work on weekends and holidays
- You can lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle
products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have the ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to
five hours daily, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have the ability to work up to 14 hours a day and drive a
tractor trailer for extended periods of time, up to 11 hours per
day, with or without a reasonable accommodation You will bid on
routes using a seniority-based electronic bid board which keeps
things fair for everyone. Start times vary by route and scheduled
dispatch. We asked current Frito-Lay drivers what frequent tasks
you should expect when you come aboard, and here is what they had
- You will safely operate a tractor/trailer (usually an automatic
Volvo, international or freight liner; diesel/natural gas) and
transport products to and from specified destinations in accordance
with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- This is a physical job. We load and unload trailers -- this can
be manual, it could involve palletized loading/unloading, or
require the use of a two-wheeler. You will also be lifting things
over your head.
- You will transport chips, dips, and more to and from large
grocery stores, Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities, rural storage
units, and other traffic centers.
- You will obtain signature of receipt, pick up returns and
complete logs and other paperwork related to deliveries, and review
invoices and/or manifests.
- You will use an electronic logging device such as a tablet or
an onboard (dash) computer.
- We have regular contact with our customers, sales drivers, and
dispatch, so you can expect talk to people at various points
throughout the day or night.
- Like the rest of our drivers, you will be responsible for pre-
and post-trip truck inspections.
- Your work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed by the
FMCSA and require overnight trips as well as weekend and/or holiday
- We run routes 24/7 and DOT hours vary slightly by location.
This position requires a lot of walking and lifting over your head,
but we believe the rewards are worth it, and our drivers agree.
Given our large salaries and phenomenal benefits, you might wonder
what will give you an edge when you apply. Here's an idea of what
Frito-Lay drivers expect of one another:
- Safety Focused: your mind is focused on safety when you operate
vehicles by practicing defensive driving. We have a strong
reputation as transportation professionals on the road.
- Coachable and Communicative: you can take feedback and adjust
how you do things in the spirit of cooperation, safety, and
efficiency. Communication is a two-way street. Did you encounter a
safety hazard? Were their issues with your delivery? Your honest
feedback is valued here.
- Flexibility: the schedule you work won't be set, but instead it
will vary day to day. Everyone at Frito-Lay works weekends and
- Self-Motivated: our drivers are known across the company as
hard workers, showing up and working until the job is done
- Attention to Detail: a sharp eye is necessary because you will
review weight limits on manifests, you will count cases to make
sure orders are corrects, as well as using visual aids Our
application takes 10-15 minutes to finish on any device. Our
mission is to get you in for an interview instead of jumping
through hoops. Just keep an eye on your e-mail, and we will take
care of the rest. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority /
Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws,
including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections
4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal
Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the
Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement. Required
Keywords: Frito Lay, Fargo , Regional Class A CDL Driver, Other , Dilworth, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!