Trained Medication Aide (TMA)
Company: Moorhead Rehabilitation and Healthcare center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Moorhead Rehabilitation and Healthcare center - TMA:
Moorhead Rehab, a skilled nursing facility with 50+ beds, focuses
on short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. Our team consists
of creative, compassionate, and caring individuals making a
positive impact on our residents, family, friends, and co-workers.
Moorhead Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a proud member of
the Fargo Moorhead community and enjoys opportunities to be
involved. We are seeking individuals who would like to be a part of
our growing community and enjoy making work fun! -
COMMON CORE ROLES
Commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values
Exhibits attitudes and behaviors that show a commitment to meeting
and exceeding customer expectations at all times
Demonstrates commitment to the core values of hospitality,
stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor.
Utilize the mission, vision, and values to determine
Provides exceptional customer service to residents, families, and
co-workers on a daily basis by:
- Listening attentively, empathetically and following up to
concerns expressed by residents, families, and coworkers.
- Maintains professionalism and composure when interacting with
management, employees, residents and families by:
- Complying with all privacy policies and procedures.
- Being inclusive and respectful.
- Working well with others.
- Effectively presents and communicates information and responds
to questions from co-workers, residents, families, state auditors,
and the general public as deemed appropriate for the position.
Quality of Care
- Accurately and timely completes position specific core roles
and responsibilities that impact overall quality of care.
- Ensures that residents receive the best care possible by
encouraging open communication with the management team, direct
care personnel, residents and families.
- Basic comprehension of 5-star rating and how it relates to
position specific roles and responsibilities.
- Follows all community policies and procedures related to
investigating, reporting and preventing abuse of vulnerable
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Clinical Processes & Procedures
- Ensure that resident's charts are updated and free of
- Openly communicate with the Medical Director and DON relating
to resident diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Collaborate with the clinical team in establishing a treatment
- Provide direct resident care following the treatment plan, this
may include tasks such as administering medication, etc.
- Report occupational exposures to needle sticks, blood, body
fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance
with facility policy and procedures governing accidents and
- Participates in all inspections of nursing care by outside
- Complete all documentation as recommended by Federal and State
- Ensure that reportable events are communicated in a timely
- Ensure that nursing notes are informative and complete
regarding the cares and services provided to the resident.
- Listen to shift report and keep open lines of communication
with supervisor, co-workers and on-coming shift.
- Attend nurses and team meetings as scheduled and/or
- Maintain professional relationships with physicians and other
- Respond to all emergency situations within the
- Promote rehabilitation nursing on the units.
- Perform physical and psychological nursing assessments on
residents when necessary.
- Report all unusual circumstances that may involve the safety
and well-being of the residents and staff directly to the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Trained Medication Aide(TMA) is responsible for providing
quality care to our residents, administer medications and
treatments according to the facility medication policy and follow
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
MN NAR and TMA Certification in good standing
TMA experience in a nursing home setting.
Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
Must have clear verbal and written English skills.
Must pass criminal background and professional reference
"Medication Administration for Unlicensed Personnel". This -must be
obtained through a Minnesota program and -a copy of the
-certificate from -the school must be provided. -
Benefits we offer:
Competitive rate of pay
Affordable health and dental insurance,
Free life insurance,
Paid time off, sick pay, and extra pay for holiday
Sign on Bonus
Career Growth Opportunities
Keywords: Moorhead Rehabilitation and Healthcare center, Fargo , Trained Medication Aide (TMA), Other , Moorhead, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!