Forklift Operator - starting at $21/hr
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Open interviews weekly, offers may be made on the spot!*
*Where: 3030 Main Ave Fargo, ND 58103*
*When: Tuesdays 1 pm - 4 pm*
*This is a night shift position starting at 1 am*
*Starting pay is $21/hr with nighly premium $22/hr 1am - 6am!*
This role is responsible to operate a forklift to move, load,
unload, relocate and stack merchandise. Responsible for pulling and
staging orders for deliver; unload inbound and load outbound
shipments and move products to dispersing trailers. Responsible for
safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and maintain facility's
equipment in a neat, clean, and orderly manner.
*Here's what you'll do: *
* Coordinate product movement to designated slot location in a
timely, accurate and efficient manner per Company standards and
without damage to product or equipment.
* Move or otherwise handle cases, boxes, bags, and/or pallets of
dry groceries, frozen foods, dairy products, produce, poultry,
fish, beef, pork and/or tobacco products and related products as
identified on order forms, in the quantities specified.
* Ensure products are placed and stacked correctly between
selection and reserve location, and product is available for
letdowns in the pick rotation or available for selection and
* Work with warehouse supervisor and review Warehouse Management
System (WMS) to determine and troubleshoot product location issues
* Operate power industrial equipment such as a forklift,
long-tongued electric pallet jack, high-extender high-lift and
other moving equipment (i.e., walkers).
* Lift products weighing between 30-60 lbs. frequently and products
weighing up to 75 lbs. occasionally, while ensuring and maintaining
a safe work environment.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment by properly disposing
of pallet boards, wood chips, and other trash, etc. and ensuring
any spills are cleaned up quickly and according to safety
* Conduct inspections of powered industrial equipment as required,
using a safety checklist, to ensure such equipment is in good
* Report damage products and quality issues and notify supervisor
of out-of-stock or low volume product(s).
* Participate in product selection, put-away and rotation of
products and perform other duties as assigned.
* Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
*Here's what you'll need: *
* One-year prior warehouse/distribution experience.
* Must be certified, or willing to obtain and maintain
certification, on all required powered industrial equipment such as
forklift, electric pallet jack, long-tongued electric pallet jack
and high-extender high lift.
* Must be able to perform the essential job functions with or
without a reasonable accommodation in the conditions specified for
8 - 10-hour shifts. Must be able to work weekends, holidays, day
and evening hours, and overtime as assigned.
* Must understand and be able to communicate in English, including
but not limited to, reading and interpreting order forms and
selection labels. Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills are
* Must be able to follow verbal (oral) and written
* Must be able to use computerized forklift (read screen/display),
understand warehouse location diagram and use radio frequency (RF)
unit to designate product locations.
* Ability to use computer barcode scanning equipment.
* Must be able to use computer to access the Warehouse Management
System (WMS) program and troubleshoot product location.
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced warehouse
* Able to safely operate warehouse equipment such as forklift,
pallet jacks and other material handling/industrial equipment.
* Must follow safe working practices in accordance with Company
safety policies and practices.
* Ability to work in multi-temperature areas as assigned (e.g.,
freezer, coolers, dry conditions).
* Must report for work regularly and on time, as scheduled.
* Must be able to take direction from supervisor(s) and works well
* Must work well under pressure, and is able to organize and
prioritize work assignments, and meet established deadlines.
* Must perform assigned tasks accurately and completely.
* Must be flexible and able to handle changes in work requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $21.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: SpartanNash, Fargo , Forklift Operator - starting at $21/hr, Other , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!