Company: CHS Inc
Posted on: January 25, 2023
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
agriculture. Summary CHS Northern Grain has an exciting opportunity
at our Mahnomen, MN location. We are looking for an Operations
Specialist to perform duties such as warehouse support, material
handling, machine operation and maintenance, product
loading/unloading/delivery and facility cleaning in a safe and
timely manner. You must have a high energy level, exhibit personal
integrity and be committed to safety, customer service, and solving
problems creatively. You must have a good work ethic with
professional communications skills.This position is eligible for a
$2,500 sign-on bonus. Responsibilities
- Under general supervision, carry out general labor
responsibilities promptly and efficiently. Responsibilities may
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the commodities handled at
the location and comply with company policy and government
regulations pertaining to commodities.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional
- Prepare trucks and railcars for loading/unloading, which may
require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and
attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload agricultural inputs from railcars and/or trucks
using heavy or light duty machinery/equipment. May include bulk and
or packaged material.
- Control and monitor all load out functions.
- Understand and operate automated scale/dump systems.
- Conduct and properly record daily, weekly and monthly
maintenance tasks including but not limited to lubrication of
pumps, valves, and loading arms. Inspect in-use equipment looking
for seeps and leaks of process equipment.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory (may include blended,
bulk or packaged product).
- Keep all work areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling,
power washing, scraping and cleaning up spills. Complete
appropriate record keeping.
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader,
loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance
needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to ensure facility
operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer service.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test Additional
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors,
tractors, and track mobile
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Agriculture experience preferred
- Forklift certification preferred Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and
temperatures CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: CHS Inc, Fargo , Operations Specialist, Other , Mahnomen, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!