Orthotic Fitter, Certified
Company: Hanger, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the
world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P)
services and products, offering the most advanced O&P
solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed
customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest
owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide.
Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded
and private label O&P devices, products and components, and
provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With
nearly 160 years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger's
vision is to lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing
superior patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively,
Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people
achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Could This Be For You?
Under indirect supervision* of a certified orthotist, orthotic
fitters provide patient care through the provision and adjustment
of off the shelf and pre-fabricated orthoses. They monitor the
patients over time and make any necessary changes to the devices to
keep them in good condition.
The Certified Orthotic Fitter is specifically trained and qualified
to participate in the fitting and delivery of prefabricated
orthotic devices and/or soft goods related to a patient's needs, as
indicated by acertified orthotist. .
A Certified Orthotic Fitter is competent to practice orthotics
within a scope of practice that is specific to fitting certain
prefabricated and off-the-shelf orthoses that do not require more
than minor modification.
* Indirect Supervision: This level of supervision does not require
the supervising credentialed individual to be on site however they
must be available for consultation throughout the patient care
process. The supervisor must review the results of care and the
documentation of the services rendered by the supervised individual
and is responsible for countersigning within 15 days all entries in
the patient's clinical record.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Depending on the operational requirements, size of the Hanger
Clinic and subject to limitations imposed by state and/or local
law, this position may include some or all of the functions listed
* Collaborate with orthotic practitioners in the evaluation and
analysis of a patient's need for orthotic services.
* Examine and evaluate patient's needs in relation to disease and
* Perform fitting, and execute minor modifications as
* Evaluate orthotic device on patient, adjust to assure fit,
function, medical efficacy, and quality of work.
* Instruct patient in use of orthopedic device.
* Identify and reconcile issues/problems to ensure patient
satisfaction with devices provided.
* Provide detailed clinical notes to patient records.
* Provide information to administrative staff to conduct
* Provide follow-up with patients and physicians.
* Provide in-service training to physicians and allied health care
* Provide assistance to other clinical staff.
* Adhere to all safety regulations; compliance with Medicare, HIPAA
and other governmental regulations; compliance with bloodborne and
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
* Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
Experience and Education:
* High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree
* Current certification as a Certified Fitter or Orthotics (i.e.
American Board Certified (ABC))
Additional Success Factors
Knowledge and Skill:
* Demonstrated ability to effectively fit and deliver non-custom
orthotic devices such as; cervical orthoses not requiring more than
minor modification; pressure gradient hose; trusses; non-complex
prefabricated spinal orthoses and prefabricated orthoses of upper
and lower extremities (excluding those used in treatment of bone
* Thorough understanding of medical terminology.
* Effective communication skills for accurate, concise, and
organized oral and written presentation and reports to patient and
* Ability to instruct clinical and non-clinical personnel and
customers on objectives of patient care services.
* Active listening, reading and comprehension skills for analyzing
reports, charts and correspondence.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to build professional
relationships with physicians, therapists and patients.
* Ability to work effectively as a team member.
* Effective organizational, time management and planning
Our Investment in You
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the
* Competitive Pay
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* 8 Paid Holidays per Year
* Paid Vacation Time Off
* Paid Sick Time Off
* 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
* Floating Holiday
* Life Insurance
* Medical Flex Spend Account
* Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
* Free employee assistance program
* Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and
long-term disability insurance.
Keywords: Hanger, Inc., Fargo , Orthotic Fitter, Certified, Other , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!