Health Aide - Fargo
Company: FARGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Health Aide JobID: 3126 --
- Position Type:
---- Support Staff
- Date Posted:
---- McKinley Elementary School
- Closing Date:
Position Summary: Under the direction of a licensed nurse, provide
health services, nursing treatments, health education, evaluation,
health screening services, medication administration, and the
maintenance of heath records within the building of assignment and
in accordance with district policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned
- Provide evaluation of student health care needs. Administer
first aid/CPR and episodic care for students and staff according to
school district policy.
- Administer medication according to school policy to students
having appropriate prescriber/parental permission forms completed.
Keep accurate documentation of medications received and
- Follow established procedures in making referrals to counselors
or other school staff for follow-up of student health concerns.
Accept and utilize direction by a licensed nurse and to recognize
the limits, constraints and job responsibilities of the
- Complete documentation and maintenance of health medical
records to assure compliance with state and local mandates
including immunizations, incident reports, physical exams,
screenings, and medical conditions.
- Maintain accurate student health records. Compile and summarize
data for statistical reports. Document all health service visits
and emergencies. Keep a daily record of contacts with students of
health office visits.
- Complete requisitions for health office supplies, stock first
aid cabinets and maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe
- Review immunization records for compliance with state
regulations and enter data in health record and computer. Assist in
notifying parents of students who need additional
- General administrative/clerical support; Prepare correspondence
including memos, reports, agendas, and documents. --
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate math skills in adding, subtracting, dividing,
multiplying, calculating percentages, ratios or averages or
- Knowledge of metrics system, especially metric units of
- Understanding of confidentiality and commitment to abide by
- Knowledge of computer programs related to the position;
Familiarity with office equipment, computers, general office
productivity software (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet,
presentation software, email programs, etc.)
- Ability to problem solve, critically evaluate, and execute
duties under stressful condition. Ability to maintain composure
under stressful conditions. Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral
- Ability to work with students of varying abilities. Ability to
develop effective working relationships with students, staff and
the school community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely,
both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of district administrative rules and procedures
pertaining to health care services and operations. --
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of one year in a similar position.
- First Aid and CPR Certification and/or the ability to
- Prior experience working with children and/or health care
Licensure and Certifications
Non-nursing staff are required to successfully complete ND
Medication Administration Training for School Personnel and must be
registered on the ND Unlicensed Assistive Person registry or
another registry recognized by the North Dakota Board or Nursing.
Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license preferred, but
Salary: Classified Support Staff Salary Schedule, Group 3 $14.97-
$18.93 per hour DOE
Term: 2019/20 School Year - 9 months. Core hours Monday - Friday
apx. 35 hours per week.
Benefits: This position is eligible for benefits including health,
vision, dental and life insurance. This also includes access to the
employee assistance program and additional benefits: long-term
disability insurance, flexible benefits, the North Dakota Public
Employee Retirement system, paid holidays, personal leave, sick
leave, and emergency leave.
-- To Apply: Log on to www.applitrack.com/fargo/onlineapp to view
current vacancies and complete our online application. For more
information or questions please call (see application details) or
email at (see application details) .
External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran's Preference. North
Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of
eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a
DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of
The Fargo Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
who fully and actively supports equal access for all people
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,
veteran status, disability, genetic information, marital status,
public assistance status, sexual orientation, gender
expression/identity, or participation in lawful activity off the
employer's premises during non-working hours which is not in direct
conflict with the essential business-related interests of the
employer in its education/activities and employment practices. The
Fargo Public Schools seek to provide access to all its programs for
those interested persons who might have differing levels of
ability. This includes those with impaired vision and hearing
Keywords: FARGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Fargo , Health Aide - Fargo, Other , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!