Data Analyst I
Company: Swanson Health Products
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Data Analyst IBenefits --- Product Discounts --- Onsite Fitness
CenterHere at Swanson, we understand family comes first and we
strive to honor that belief by offering our full-time employees
paid time off, floating holidays and sick days.Join Swanson in our
mission to work together to help people live healthier
lives!SUMMARYCompile and aggregate information from multiple data
sources to create meaningful data insights to solve business
problems using statistical methodologies and analytical techniques.
Communicate findings and actionable insights that can be leveraged
to optimize business strategies.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain knowledge of business terminology and processes, including
the structure of Swanson's data and systems from exposure to data
and techniques through various project assignments. Expand data
manipulation and aggregation skills through advanced Excel
techniques and programming languages such as SQL & Snowflake.
- Setup and execute data scripts to pull appropriate data for
reporting to support all business units. Assess and validate the
data to verify accuracy and identify anomalies. Distribute to
business partners on schedule.
- Analyze and interpret data compiled from multiple sources to
help drive business activities and decisions with guidance.
Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to business
units and leadership through different avenues, such as charts,
graphs, reports, or presentations, in a way that a non-technical
audience can understand complex concepts.
- Develop and maintain trusting relationships with business
partners by accurately and efficiently executing specifically
assigned tasks relating to business unit strategies. Communicate
findings and actionable insights that can be leveraged to optimize
- Execute data transformation processes to load data into a data
warehouse or to send to external business partners and ensure data
accuracy and integrity.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with
peers, management, and support resources, with a constant
commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as
to present a professional image of SHP.COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity with a passion for
developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting
them into the information/insights
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google
Analytics, etc.) is preferred.
- Familiarity with relational databases and scripting languages
that support data manipulation and reporting automation; examples
being SQL, Visual Basic, SPSS, R, or Python is preferred.
- Working knowledge of data science techniques (statistical
models, various regression techniques, decision tree algorithms,
cluster analysis, etc)
- Must be resilient and manage complexity with ease.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Able to plan and align priorities to match those of the broader
business, be able to easily adapt to changing priorities.EDUCATION
AND EXPERIENCEBachelor's degree, preferably in a quantitative
discipline, Or; an equivalent combination of education and
experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential
responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above. 1-2 years
experience extracting, manipulating, analyzing data in order to
draw conclusions and make recommendations in an eCommerce role
preferred.EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE
- General office equipment
- SPSS / R / Python
- Adobe Analytics / Google Analytics
- Microsoft Office SuiteApply today at
Keywords: Swanson Health Products, Fargo , Data Analyst I, Professions , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!