Electrician (Crew C) Grand Forks FG
Posted on: April 9, 2021
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true
farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of
agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant
sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial
product development, and distribution. Summary This position is
responsible for Plant instrumentation, control systems, and
electrical/electronic equipment, as well as other associated
equipment. The individual in this position must be capable of
troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, programming, documenting,
upgrading, and the laying out and installing of equipment and
systems. Key Responsibilities
- Ensures there is no injury to self or others by following safe
work practices (including Standard Operating Procedures) and
- Food Safety is everyone's responsibility.
- Attend and participate in all training activities for the
position. Ensure the acquired skills and knowledge are
- Ensures sanitation of equipment and housekeeping of the entire
- Ensures self-compliance with Company policies, Standard
Operating Procedures, and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Must be a team player and help to meet operational goals.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and ensures that
personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the
job functions while representing the Company.
- Performs all such other duties as may be reasonably assigned by
- Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Must be willing to train fellow workers.
- Maintains work area in a clean and functional condition.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair all electronic
high-tech processing and control systems and associated equipment
in plant. For example, TI programs, AB programs, electronic eyes,
lighting equipment, Ishida and other scale equipment, metal
detector programming, and Ammonia detection systems.
- Must maintain appropriate certifications and continued
education as required. Typical Education Graduation from a
technical trade and/or completion of an apprenticeship, certificate
or associate degree program in a related field. Relevant
- 3- 5 years of instrumentation/electronic/electrical relevant
- Experience programming and/or PLC operations preferred.
- Must have successfully completed the Job Skill Evaluation to
begin training in the position. Must complete the Structured Job
Training program within recommended timeframe to remain in the
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, ranges, averages, fractions,
measurements and calculate percentages to make proper adjustments
and calibrations, as required. Required Certifications A
certificate of Instrument Tech. training at an accredited
university and/or hold an elec. journeyman license preferred Other
Information Available to work night shift (7pm to 7am) and overtime
shifts as needed. Math and computer skills. Forklift experience
preferred, but on-the-job training is provided. Must be able to
perform activities such as walking, standing, stooping, bending,
kneeling, stair and ladder climbing on a daily basis. Must be able
to lift a case of French fries - maximum 40 lbs. PAY: $30.21/hour +
night shift differential SHIFT SCHEDULE 12 hour shifts. Employees
work a 2-week rotation, working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday
(4 shifts) on Week 1 and Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday (3 shifts) on
Week 2. Employees will be assigned to either 7AM to 7PM (Crew A and
B) or 7PM to 7AM shifts (Crew C and D). The monthly schedule does
not include rotating from nights to days. Employees enjoy having a
3-day weekend every other week. Employees will receive 8 hours of
time and half overtime on their 48 hour week schedule. Job
Requisition ID:3952Travel Required:NoneLocation(s):FG Plant - Grand
ForksCountry:United States*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or
veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.*If
you require technical assistance, please email us at (see
Keywords: Simplot, Fargo , Electrician (Crew C) Grand Forks FG, Professions , Reynolds, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!