Procurement and Purchasing Manager
Company: Red River Commodities
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DescriptionRed River Commodities is seeming a Procurement and
Purchasing Manager who will oversee the purchase of finished goods,
ingredients, and/or packaging materials. Responsibilities will
include but are not limited to: developing and maintaining
relationships with vendors, understanding commodity market
conditions, negotiating pricing, monitoring inventory levels,
reordering at optimum time and price, troubleshooting issues, and
negotiating transportation prices. This individual will also
research and develop alternate vendor sources as needed and make
recommendations regarding cost reduction, forecasting of material
prices, optimizing profit margins, and maintaining inventory
- Responsible for sourcing and replenishment of third party
finished goods in accordance with company inventory management
- Reviews and approves purchase requisitions.
- Conducts in-depth analysis to determine appropriate reorder
triggers as well as required on hand inventory amounts.
- Issues purchase orders; secures and coordinates the delivery of
finished goods to meet scheduled ship dates, follows up as
- Assists grain purchasing manager with coordinating deliveries
to production facility
- Reviews the Re-Order Reports daily, as well as other system
tools to identify materials needed to be purchased.
- Maintains inventory levels in accordance with business accepted
practices and assists with inventory dispositions.
- Maintains accurate purchasing files including: accurate
pricing, supplier lead times, minimum order quantities, freight
rates, supplier contact information, fees and standard costs.
- Manages supplier administrative functions, including the
addition or removal of supplier activation in the system. Works
closely and communicates frequently with business unit stakeholders
- Manufacturing, Sales, Quality Assurance, Product Development,
Supply Chain, etc. to adequately understand and meet Business Unit
needs and requirements.
- Assists with developing new supplier relationships and
cultivating existing ones: including attending supplier meetings,
driving the RFP bid analysis, conducting cost of ownership
analysis, financial impact analysis, inventory run out analysis,
supply planning analysis, system maintenance of cost, lead time,
MOQ, ROP and compiling and analyzing other procurement related
- Identifies and communicates "unique" material risks and
potential "obsolete" materials.
- Compiles month-end inventory turns reporting to assist with
continuous turn improvement.
- Supports Research & Development, when requested, to source raw
materials from the current supplier base or new suppliers.
- Provides ideas for productivity projects (cost savings
initiatives) and works with team to complete.
- Assists in the evaluation of existing suppliers and selection
of new suppliers.
- Participates in sourcing initiatives, vendor negotiations and
Ideation sessions to achieve the lowest cost/ high quality product
for Company Operations.QualificationsTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to
perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in purchasing, materials
management, supply or related field
- 3-5 years of purchasing experience in a material related
function; or equivalent combination of education and
- Must have solid understanding of production planning within an
- Proven cost savings history within purchasing, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Access).
- Must have good planning, organizational and execution
- Ability to meet deadlines and established goals and objectives
in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, works well with others,
respectful of all team members, good time management skills.
Keywords: Red River Commodities, Fargo , Procurement and Purchasing Manager, Professions , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!