Seasonal Operations Specialist
Company: CHS Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
agriculture.Summary CHS Ag Services has an opportunity in our
Country Operations Division. We are looking for an individual to
join our team as a Seasonal Operations Specialist. You will perform
general labor duties such as material handling, machine operation
and maintenance, product loading/unloading/delivery and facility
cleaning in a safe and timely manner. You must be customer focused
and be able to follow instructions, work independently and with
others, and promote a positive image of CHS.Responsibilities
- Carry out general labor responsibilities promptly and
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the commodities handled at
the location and comply with company policy and government
regulations pertaining to commodities.
- Conduct regular housekeeping duties such assweeping, shoveling,
power washing, scraping, and cleaning up spills. Complete
appropriate record keeping.
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, feed and
others to customer sites.
- Prepare to unload trucks and railcars which may require
sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and attaching
and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload products from trucks in a timely manner.
- Verify proper working order of equipment before use and
maintain and repair equipment as needed for safe and efficient
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader,
loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance
needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Provide management with input on improving efficiency of
operation and profitability.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.Minimum
- Must meet minimum age requirementAdditional Qualifications
- Knowledge of Production and/or Operations
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors,
tractors, and track mobile
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and
industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the
position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment
screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor
vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA
- High School diploma or GED
- CDL license or ability to attain one with Hazmat
- Agriculture experiencePhysical Requirements
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and
temperaturesCHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: CHS Inc, Fargo , Seasonal Operations Specialist, Professions , Crookston, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!