Posted on: November 25, 2022
Are you a seasoned construction professional? Do you have a
desire to work hands on in sales, estimating and project
management? Wonderful! Doherty Career Solutions is partnering with
a local Brandon, MN company as they search for a Sales/Estimating
Professional to join the thriving team. The Sales/Estimating
position's main function is to build relationships allowing for
sales, bidding opportunities, obtaining referrals, and generally
growing the business. Sales personnel are also responsible for
maintaining acceptable bid to award ratios. Sales personnel assume
responsibility for meeting, exceeding, and delivering revenue goals
and quotas as established by Senior Management. The position is
M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm and offers a competitive salary, bonus program
and an amazing company culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that sales are in line with Gross Revenues and the
Gross Profit Margins are consistent with the goals and objectives
set forth by the management team.
- Establishes new relationships with prospects to ensure sales to
new customer quotas are met.
- Accountable for necessary planning, direction, self-motivation,
- Creates, maintains, and improves company relationships with
customers, and vendors.
- Maintains adequate records of accounts and leads and follows up
in a timely basis.
- Seeks sources of potential new customers and prepares and makes
sales presentations to expand the loyal customer base and grow the
- Ensures that all proposals and orders are processed in a timely
manner and in compliance with internal policies concerning same (or
next at the latest) day processing.
- Ensures that the relationships the company has with existing
and potential new accounts are maintained by anticipating the
customer's needs, resolving concerns and complaints, and by
providing appropriate support.
- Accountable for following up with existing customers to ensure
quality work is performed and the relationship is solid.
- Responsible for timely estimation duties, including
verification of scope of work and reviewing plans & specifications
- Issues quote requests to sub-contractors and suppliers as
- Prepares formal proposal for submission to customer.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
- Maintains and nurtures good working relationships among all
members of the team.
- Makes it understood that the CUSTOMER IS OUR ONLY PRIORITY and
that we are here to support that priority.
- Responsible for customer payment of invoices when required.
- Complies with all Metrics of Performance
- Sales Revenue goals/Quotas are met within a 5% variance.
- Gross Profit Margin goals are met within a 1% variance.
- Sales calls and their results are documented, and any important
information is made known to all affected personnel.
- Good judgment has been demonstrated in resolving client
problems and concerns.
- Has displayed a positive attitude and has maintained a
cooperative working relationship with the entire team.
- Has consistently displayed the ability to recognize and deal
- Demonstrates good planning skills, by ensuring positive
progress toward achievement company goals.
- Is considered to be a team player and adheres to all company
Education and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Proven track record of outside sales with a salary base plus
- Prior successful business track record in the metal fabrication
industry, with strong estimating capabilities.
- Personal skills must include a successful track record that
reflects consistent improvement and completion and obtainment of
assigned goals and quotas. This position requires knowledge of
company policies and procedures, organization, and general business
practices. This person must be able to coordinate multiple tasks
and prioritize well.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- The position must have a valid driver's license, and be capable
of some daily travel. Travel may occasionally be in stormy or snowy
- Must be an extroverted individual who is comfortable meeting
new people and being in unfamiliar situations. The person must be
able to show enthusiasm and solicit trustworthiness through voice
- Must have the skills and knowledge to keep all lines of
communication open within the office, the business sector, and the
community at large.
- Good comprehension skills and intuitive thinking are
How to apply? Qualified individuals should submit a resume to
email@example.com for this opportunity or call the Doherty
Recruiter at 952-715-5043 for additional information.
Keywords: Alexandria, Fargo , Sales /Estimator, Professions , Brandon, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!