CDL A Delivery Driver Up to $100K
Company: Performance Food Group
Posted on: May 26, 2023
CDL A Delivery Driver $38/HR
Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a
unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including
independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools,
and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs,
consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each
customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu
development, product selection and operational strategies. The
Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes
above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve
Average effective hourly rate is $38/per hour
Earnings up to $100,000 per year or greater & home daily
$12,000 sign on bonus - Terms apply
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness
Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching,
Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support
America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of
rewards, recognition, and respect
Food and food service delivery drivers fulfill a critical role in
the country's food supply chain. Our delivery drivers not only make
sure the customers' products arrive at their destination at the
arranged times and in good condition, but they are the face of our
company - building lasting relationships with our customers!
Driver is responsible for driving a tractor trailer or straight
truck on intrastate and interstate local, over-the-road (OTR),
shuttle, and overnight and drive and drop routes for the purpose of
delivering and/or unloading food and food related products to
customers in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and
co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered
accurately and in a timely manner.
- Functions as a team member within the department and
organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best
serve the company.
- Performs all required safety checks (i.e., pre/post trip)
including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspects
tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety
standards and take appropriate action as needed.
- Reports all safety issues and/or repairs required.
- Follows all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines
- Immediately reports all safety hazards. Inspects trailer for
properly loaded and secured freight.
- Performs count check of items and check customer invoices of
products that have been loaded.
- Checks and completes in an accurate and in legible fashion all
required paperwork associated with freight.
- Moves tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer
- Drives to and delivers customer orders according to
predetermined route delivery schedule.
- Unloads products from the trailer, transports items into
designated customer storage areas.
- Performs damage control checks on items, scans, and contact
supervisor about removing orders according to company
- Verifies delivery of items with customer and obtain proper
- Collects money (cash or checks) where required. Loads customer
returns on to trailer and secures trailer doors.
- Ensures that tractor, trailer, and freight are appropriately
locked and/or always secured.
- Unloads damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the
driver check-in and complete necessary paperwork. Unloads all
equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as
- Completes daily record of hours of service and enter in log in
accordance with Federal DOT, state, and company
- Performs general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock
area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
- At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED or state approved
- 12 months of commercial Driving experience
- Valid CDL A
- Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements
- Must be 21 years of age
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
- Pass post offer drug test and criminal background
- Pass road test
- Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT
- Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or
other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of
varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges
from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90
pounds, depending on the location
- 1+ years of commercial driving experience
- Foodservice distribution industry experience
- Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e.
- Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e.
- Customer service related work experience
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or
collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity
(EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color,
national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected
by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please
click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the
"EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay
Transparency Policy Statement.
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Fargo , CDL A Delivery Driver Up to $100K, Professions , Casselton, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...