Outside Sales Representative
Posted on: May 24, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
At CenturyLink our employees are our most valuable asset; many
employees have built successful careers at CenturyLink, growing
with us as we have expanded to serve new markets with new
technologies. We value the highest ethical standards applied to a
positive work environment and seek out people with new perspectives
as we acquire talent in careers that will support our continued
Outside Sales Representative
Joining the CenturyLink Field Sales team is an excellent
opportunity for you to work in the competitive technology solutions
The CenturyLink Field Sales organization is comprised of our
outside sales teams and our account manager teams all of which work
in our local markets in a variety of consumer and small business
sales segments. You will have an opportunity to learn our dynamic
business and work with field based partners and resources. You will
work directly with our customers to provide solutions that improve
lives, strengthen businesses, and connect communities by delivering
advanced technologies and solutions with honest and personal
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base pay based on your experience and skills
- Generous sales incentives
- Paid training with travel to Denver, CO.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance
- Paid time off & paid holidays
- Wellness rewards
- Discounts on CenturyLink and partner products and services
- 401(k) with company match (from day one)
- Tuition reimbursement (after three months of service)
- Exciting career opportunities and career development
Regular Full-Time employees are scheduled to work at least forty
(40) hours per calendar week for an indefinite period of time.The
- Manage relationships and meet with assigned multi-dwelling
units (MDUs) in your territory.
- Build rapport, train, explain roles and responsibilities,
provide marketing material, seek out event opportunities to
increase penetration and generate revenue.
- Meet and exceed revenue and assigned strategic product unit
targets within assigned MDUs.
- Ensure compliance of agreements within assigned locations that
have an active CenturyLink marketing and partner agreements.
- Work closely with other channels in marketing CenturyLink's
products and services. Engage assigned locations in existing and
new programs offered by CenturyLink. Identify potential marketing
and service contract opportunities within assigned portfolio.
Facilitate an evaluation and advance the contract process.
- Become an expert in the competitive environment and be able to
communicate regarding competitive offerings while effectively
positioning CenturyLink as the best telecommunications choice for
- Identify opportunities for business referrals within assigned
- Participate in activities that promote CenturyLink products and
services, i.e., trade fairs, city events, etc.
- Build territory by distributing and maintaining current
- Probe and problem solve with customers to offer the right
product solutions based on their needs as customer interaction
opportunities present themselves.
- Meet monthly sales goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers, both
internal and external. Complete daily activity logs, sales reports,
- Manage mileage and expense reports.
- Maintain valid driver's license, adequate automobile insurance
coverage and must have appropriate working vehicle for
- Performance measures include revenue attainment, unit goal
attainment, penetration of customer base and customer
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 3 years outside sales experience preferred.
- Ability to achieve goals and determine priorities.
- Required to learn company rate plans and products: high-speed
internet, Satellite TV, residential telephone, and wireless.
- Required to work varying hours including weekends, evenings and
holidays. Relationship building skills are required for this
position with the ability to work with internal and external
clients at various levels.
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined and provide prompt
follow-up to all customer inquiries.
- Will build and maintain accurate and up-to-date strategic
- Must be able to keep organized, accurate records on daily
activities and results.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills are
- Strong presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in all aspects of computer work including internet
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to work independently and be able to effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products i.e., Word,
Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Daily work and tasks are subject to change.
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record
Alternate Location: US-North Dakota-Fargo
Requisition #: 223798
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a
union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining
agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to
join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or,
(b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a
condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to
join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated
to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical
condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Fargo , Outside Sales Representative, Sales , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!