Purchasing Agent - Enterprise Capital Equipment
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionAt Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how
you live so you're inspired to live well. We are driven by the
momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to
imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches
across the nation and our products are represented around the
world. With our commitment to our local communities and to
providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always
looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business,
forward.Marvin's portfolio also includes three additional premium
brands: Infinity Replacement Windows, TruStile Doors, and Marvin
Coastline, with employees across all organizations operating under
one company purpose and shared set of company values, uniting our
efforts to imagine and create better ways of living.Position
Overview This Purchasing Agent provides enterprise-wide support for
capital and custom equipment expenditures through facilitation of
supplier selection processes and managing ongoing supplier
relationships.Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate, lead and support supplier selection processes for
both custom equipment or Marvin capital equipment expenditures.
Includes managing quoting events, authorizations for expenses and
memorializing decisions on supplier selection.
- Manage key custom equipment and capital equipment supplier
relationships. Ensure contracts and contractual obligations can be
met and are met. Lead negotiation on contracts on behalf of the
organization (after fully completing internal needs
- Manage performance, negotiate payment, and ensure communication
is timely, transparent and delivers results Marvin stakeholders
requirement to meet project objectives and installation
- Facilitate delivery, specification reviews and payment systems
are set up appropriately to receive equipment. Coordinate amongst
various stakeholders to include accounting, engineering, product
development, environmental health & safety, and local maintenance
(as needed) to ensure timely installation and set-up of
equipment.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written communication skills.
- Strong skills in interpersonal relationships.
- Negotiation and problem-solving competencies.
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical controlled
equipment.Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or
similar field of study required.
- 3 - 5 years of purchasing capital equipment.
- Supplier development and performance management experience
- Prior experience in sourcing, engineering, quality,
manufacturing processes and program management
Keywords: Marvin, Fargo , Purchasing Agent - Enterprise Capital Equipment, Sales , Fargo, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!