Project Manager I
Company: Kraus-Anderson Incorporated
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Kraus-Anderson offers an opportunity to make an immediate impact
with an industry leader!
Core Purpose: Building enduring relationships and strong
- Integrity - Do the right thing...always be respectful, honest
- Commitment - Take ownership, work hard, and keep promises
- Teamwork - Collaborate to foster trust and success for all
- Value People - Support each other in a safe, positive
environment where people are recognized and appreciated for their
For more than a century, Kraus-Anderson has been transforming the
Founded in 1897 and privately owned and managed by the Engelsma
family for more than 70 years, KA is consistently ranked by
Engineering News Record among the top 50 general contractors in the
United States. Our base of operations in Minnesota is supplemented
with regional offices, extending our capabilities coast to
We take a highly collaborative approach to our work. We work
closely with owners, architects and the entire planning team well
before ground is broken; providing cost analyses, scheduling
information, and value engineering services to ensure that our
client can make informed decisions leading to a timely finish of
the highest quality and the best value.
This position will be responsible for planning, directing and
coordinating activities of designated projects to ensure that goals
or objectives of the projects are accomplished within the
prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the
following duties personally or through Superintendents and Project
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews project proposal, plans and specifications to determine
time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing
project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources
to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan, scheduling and staffing for each phase
of project and arrangement for recruitment or assignment of project
personnel as needed.
- Reads and understands drawings and specifications.
- Establishes a growing network of business associates,
subcontractors and related vendors.
- Confers with team leader or project staff to outline work
plans, assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Coordinates activities with project staff to ensure project
progress within prescribed budget and provides technical advice to
- Negotiates with the Owner and subcontractors on projects in
order to maintain an efficient and well-run project.
- Works with actual billings on projects and works with Finance
to ensure a smooth process on all projects.
- Prepares project reports for management, clients and others and
reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies
schedules or plans as required.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of governmental
regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Works with Project Superintendents, Project Coordinators,
clients and subcontractors.
- Supervises Project Coordinator assigned to projects including
planning, assigning work, providing feedback and appraising
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Owners and other
- Assist the Safety Department in an effort to enforce the
corporate safety and health policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent of
education and/or experience
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and
Outlook) and knowledge of project management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet
challenging work goals
- Ability to maintain compliance with all company policies and
- Ability to possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well
as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct
from self and others
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness and develops suggestions
for continuous improvement
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially
- Makes self-available to staff and regularly provides feedback
and helps to develop subordinate's skills and encourages
- Inspires and motivates self and team to perform well
- Continuously works to improve supervisory skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Four year degree in Construction Management, Construction
Engineering, or related degree
- Knowledge of ViewPoint software
- Valid Driver's License, ability to maintain a satisfactory
Motor Vehicle Record, and ability to adhere to the KA Motor Vehicle
- Travel 25-75%; depending on job
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Essential functions include items such as ability to:
- Clearly communicate information (both written and verbal) to
colleagues and key stakeholders
- Stand and/or sit in a stationary position for extended periods
of time; 50%+
- Use a computer/laptop/iPad in open office environment with
natural and/or florescent lighting
- Navigate between office building floors, and on occasion,
attend off-site meetings
- Lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
We offer a challenging, rewarding, and supportive environment where
employees are positioned to make a positive impact on our business,
our communities, and their own future.
We believe in building leaders. KA offers a wide range of
enrichment and professional growth opportunities through KA
University and community service opportunities through our KA Has
Heart Volunteer Program.
KA offers full time employees (30+ hours) a significant Total
Rewards package including:
- Medical insurance Plan Options
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center (Minneapolis)
- KA University Training and Development
- Fitness Center, KA corporate headquarters, Minneapolis
- 401(k) Plan
- Company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company sponsored Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Time Off including vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Workplace Flexibility
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Military Leave for Active Reserve Duty
- Part time/Transition Options
- Free Parking
Along with our employer sponsored plans, we also offer an array of
Voluntary Benefits and other perks.
Make A Positive Impact
Keywords: Kraus-Anderson Incorporated, Fargo , Project Manager I, Executive , Bemidji, North Dakota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...